Human Resources Communications Intern
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
Through FM Global’s hands-on, paid HR communications internship program, you will gain real-world experience in an HR talent management division. You will work closely with the HR Communications Manager to provide ongoing communication solutions to members of the HR department. Projects will include communicating the implementation of a new performance and development platform for all employees, global work-life and well-being programs, North America benefits, compensation and payroll activities and more.
Responsibilities - External:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the development of a variety of digital and print communications
- Supporting employee communication efforts by conveying HR’s mission, vision and objectives, particularly through email marketing campaigns, company’s quarterly employee magazine, intranet, print materials, infographics, videos and surveys.
- Providing communications support to special projects and business units as needed
- Assisting with the HR’s presence on the company’s intranet including, but not limited to, the writing of corporate and local news announcements and other copy
- Contributing to projects within other areas of human resources, as needed (e.g., organization development, talent acquisition, etc.)
- Researching various topics
- Proofreading copy for various media
- Completing administrative tasks as needed
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
Qualifications - External:
To be considered for FM Global’s HR communications internship, you must:
- Maintain overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Major in human resources, communications, English, marketing, journalism or public relations
- Be motivated, dedicated, organized, reliable and ready to work in a professional environment
- Have top-notch writing and interpersonal skills
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be a junior going into senior year in collegeHours are flexible and depend on your class schedule, course requirements (if applicable) and availability. Ideally, the hours would be full-time (40 hours per week) during the summer timeframe, with a start date of May 2019. Should the internship be extended into the academic year, this availability can be adjusted. The FM Global communications internship is offered at the company’s corporate offices in Johnston, R.I
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.