Human Resources InternApply Now Job ID 2019-8411 Date posted 02/15/2019
Overview - External
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Human Resources Intern will work with university relations recruiting projects to support FM Global’s university recruiting activities in the corporate office and global operations. This role will work closely with the University Relations Program Manager/Recruiter in the Talent Acquisition department of Human Resources. Projects will include assisting the UR Program Manager with the attraction, selection, hiring and onboarding of interns, co-ops and entry level engineers globally. You will also get involved in the planning of on-campus recruiting events and on-site professional development activities for current interns/co-ops.
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
- Developing Infographics
- Data analysis, tracking and reporting
- University Relations SharePoint site support
- Participating in meetings with hiring managers and internal HR business partners
- Occasional attendance of recruiting events
- Involvement with on-campus recruitment activities planning
- Support of professional development events for current interns/co-ops
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year BS or BA degree pursuing HR, Business or a related discipline
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to respond to changing priorities
- Collaboration and customer service skills
- Ability to think proactively and independently
- Organizational and time management skills
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.