Information Security Principal Analyst
Johnston, Rhode Island
We connect people, processes and technologies. We enable strategy, empower business, and create value for clients, partners and employees. That's what makes Technology at FM Global so exciting. We build resilience and security into all aspects of our technology infrastructure which is the cornerstone from which all other services are provided.
What makes a successful Information Technology employee at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
NATURE IS NOT PREDICTABLE. OUR TECHNOLOGY NEEDS TO BE.
For our 1,800 engineers helping protect our clients' businesses against potential disaster, the ability to reliably transact business from anywhere in the world is critical. That's what makes designing IT systems at FM Global so exciting. My colleagues and I build innovative mobile solutions that ensure critical loss prevention information is never more than a click away. This commitment to protecting our clients' businesses from loss through advanced technology solutions is why I choose to work at FM Global.George — Information Technology Manager — Employee Since 1995
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Reporting to the Manager Information Security Oversight & Assurance, the Information Security Principal Analyst is responsible for: the development and maintenance of the organization’s security policies and standards, providing education/awareness of security requirements/expectations, assessing adherence to the security standards, coordinating and conducting the enterprise wide self-assessment along with independent security testing/assessment of the security program and technical capabilities. Elevates business leaders’ awareness of their security risk portfolio and influences the implementation of security controls to close identified gaps. The Information Security Principal Analyst is an information security expert with solid knowledge of the broader information security discipline.
- Maintain enterprise-wide security policies and standards documentation to ensure alignment with industry good practice. Perform reviews and updates, promote and ensure awareness, track exceptions, and perform testing/auditing/monitoring on compliance with the organization’s policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provide security education and ongoing awareness across the FM Global enterprise to help develop a security-focused culture, where good security practices / expectations are understood.
- Coordinate and conduct enterprise wide self-assessment, and independent security testing/assessments of security program and technical capabilities (e.g. CIS, NIST CSF, “Red Team” testing, targeted assessments).
- Performs research and analysis regarding security threats, vulnerabilities, mitigating strategies, and industry trends. From this analysis, recommends strategies to address high-risk program gaps, control deficiencies or Policy / Standard improvements.
Experience in information technology or business analysis
- 5+ years in an information security specific field, such as:
network perimeter security
or other related discipline.
Demonstrated knowledge of information security discipline via relevant advanced industry certification such as: CISSP, CISM, SSCP, CISA, CCE, Security+, GIAC, CEH, etc
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Good interpersonal, oral/written communication and organizational skills.
- Validated ability to provide direction to others and influence decisions made.
- Bachelor's degree in information security / Assurance, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience or technical training with a non-related degree.
- ISC2 CISSP preferred.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.