Internal Audit InternApply Now Job ID 2019-8378 Date posted 02/04/2019
Overview - External
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions.
We are looking for an accounting major that is interested in pursuing a career in public accounting to serve as our internal audit intern. This internship will provide experience that will prepare you for an internship or full-time position in public accounting by providing you with real life experience in the following areas:
- Proper techniques for documentation of audit work
- Controls documentation and testing including:
- Business process documentation
- Identification of business process risks
- Identification of related business process controls
- Testing of key of controls
- Audit sampling
- Substantive testing including
- Analytical procedures
- Review of account reconciliations
The position is for a paid full-time summer intern (32-40 hours a week June – August). There is potential for an extension of the position for part-time work during the school year.
- Provide assistance to Internal Audit staff in completing documentation and testing performed by Internal Audit as part of the annual financial statement audit:
- Perform procedures outlined in audit program
- Document test results
- Keep supervisor apprised of progress
- Clear review notes
- Assist with testing as assigned on risk based internal audit engagements
- Perform minor administrative assignments, as required
- Accounting major currently completing their junior year, GPA 3.3 or higher
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.