Internal Audit Intern
Johnston, Rhode Island
Overview - External
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
- Considering a career in public accounting or internal audit? Come gain some valuable experience that will give you a leg up as you begin in your professional career! We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as an internal audit intern. In this position you will:
- Provide assistance to Internal Audit staff in completing documentation and testing performed as part of the annual financial statement audit
- Perform procedures outlined in audit program
- Document test results
- Keep supervisor informed of progress
- Clear review notes
- Assist with testing as assigned on internal audit engagements
- Perform minor administrative assignments, as required
You will gain skills in the following areas:
- Business process documentation
- Identification of business process controls
- Test of controls
- Audit sampling
- Review of account reconciliations
- An accounting major that has completed at least 5 semesters of full-time coursework. minimum GPA of 3.2
- Solid communication skills and a willingness to take on new challenges!
- Availability to work at least 15 hours a week during the spring semester with flexible hours to accommodate your school schedule, full time work (32-40 hours per week) over summer break
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.