Lead Facilities Engineer - Commercial HVACFacilities - Grounds/Maintenance, Engineering - Other, Other Careers Job ID 2022-12228 Johnston, Rhode Island 08/02/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Perform tours of HVAC mechanical systems, equipment, and related areas daily and on an as needed basis to insure proper equipment operation. Take corrective measures as needed and report them to the Facilities Supervisor.
Answer’s trouble calls, corrects problems relating to HVAC/R equipment such as pumps, boilers, cooling towers, roof top units, refrigeration equipment, and all types of control systems. Repairs or rebuilds all types of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment such as pumps, chillers, package ac unit’s, CRAC units, and café equipment etc.
Provides leadership, direction, mentorship, and guidance to team of facility engineers.
Performs general building or specialized maintenance services for base building and tenant needs. This may include installing white boards, furniture moves, hanging pictures, and other tasks as directed.
Responsible for closing out the team’s work orders and completing tenant bill-backs as appropriate.
Works with Facilities Supervisor to establish and implement PM system. Establishes standard operating parameters/procedures and protocols.
Performs preventive maintenance on various equipment in the buildings such as mechanical/electrical/plumbing (MEP) equipment, door closers locks, and/or door hardware.
Performs daily inspection of assigned buildings and/or equipment including but not limited to reviewing the building automation system looking for alarms and any sign that systems may not be functioning at their optimum levels. Identifies any problems in need of further investigation or repair; addresses items that are within your expertise and refers remainder to your supervisor.
Performs other related tasks and projects as required; reports facility operational status to Facilities Engineering Supervisor daily.
Maintains the integrity of the safety equipment on FMIC properties.
Supports the development and implementation of HBM’s safety policies and maintains the appropriate records. Tracks all Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) documents and updates the current records.
Maintains the recycling of regulated waste and any regulated chemicals along with maintaining the required paperwork.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum ten years of experience, can be a combination of commercial & residential HVAC
- Commercial HVAC experience required
- Experience with RTU, FPT, VAV and refrigeration highly desired!
- Facilities, maintenance and/or specialized trade work very helpful
- Strong Mechanical proficiency, strong diagnostic skills with emphasis on HVAC, MEP systems with extensive knowledge, safe use of equipment, and power tools
- Knowledge and experience with the use of PPE, and life safety systems
- Track record of working in a safe and responsible manner. Must be knowledgeable about OSHA safety and compliance regulations and able to obtain an OSHA 10 certification for general industry (possessing an OSHA 30 card is preferable)
- Active State of RI refrigeration license required
- Experience leading and mentoring teams, with or without direct authority
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence without authority across diverse stakeholder groups and leadership levels
- Working knowledge in computer skills, including MS Office, and Building Automation Systems (BMS)
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center