Lead PowerBI Developer
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Working as part of an agile development team, the successful candidate will lead the design and development of reports and visualizations in support of FM Global's Financial Insurance Accounting System leveraging Power BI and SSRS. Additional development work needed includes ETL development (SSIS), tabular data modeling and data manipulation/cleansing.
- Successfully identifies, analyzes, develops, tests, and implements reporting solutions in Power BI and SSRS
- Adheres to information technology principles, established methodologies, architectural standards, and guidelines
- Demonstrates high technical expertise and final authority/ownership in providing support for complex reporting and visualization needs
- 3+ years’ experience in Power BI architecture, project structure, licensing and distribution
- Advanced knowledge of Power BI data modeling (Tabular)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Power BI performance/optimization
- Knowledgeable in data visualization design best practice
- Knowledgeable in data integration/preparation best practice
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of development or scripting skills (PowerShell, Linux shell, python, .NET, etc.)