Manager, HR Employee Communications
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
- Establishes the HR communication strategy in partnership with CHRO and HR leadership team to drive understanding of and commitment to HR initiatives and priorities within the business and across the HR team.
- Creates a holistic approach to communicate with and engage executive stakeholders to maximize impact and influence to ensure alignment against desired outcomes.
- Partner with key stakeholders in HR Leadership and HR Centers of Expertise and other HR stakeholders as needed to understand HR’s strategic initiatives, policies, and upcoming changes.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar with input from the HR leadership team and manage the flow of information to the business and within HR
- Develop integrated communications plans and implement those plans end-to-end.
- Includes drafting key messaging, FAQs, and other support materials by creating compelling communications that “connects the dots” so employees have a better understanding of HR programs/initiatives and their benefits.
- Design communications strategies that consider both proactive and reactive tactics.
- Drive innovative approaches to deliver communications in more efficient and effective ways leveraging new technologies
- Listen and seek to understand how our employees want to be communicated with and leverage that information to develop strategies to deliver important messages.
- Craft messaging and develop clear, targeted and concise communication deliverables that drive company-wide employee engagement.
- Translate complex company initiatives/programs into easy to understand messaging, both visually and verbally.
- Serve as a steward of the employee experience to help safeguard against "information overload" and "noise", ensuring communications are relevant, drive employee engagement, shape the FM Global culture and “connect the dots” for employees.
- Measure effectiveness of communications strategies or internal campaigns through qualitative and quantitative methods and adjust approaches as needed
- Oversight of all CHRO messaging in department meetings, HR management mtgs, department communications (speeches and talking points, messaging, video scripts, articles).
- Partner closely with internal and external communications teams to align on communication opportunities.
- Partner with and support the Talent Acquisition team in building the employer brand consistent with FM Global branding and corporate messaging, including social media activities
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and all operations and align with external communication messages and branding
- Provides strategic guidance to HR focused change management resources on how best to achieve their communications objectives
- Develop, mentor, and lead a communications professional ensuring alignment with tone, style, and culture.
- Develop project plans and timelines and document project budgets
- Oversight and design of key platforms including HR intranet and HR Transformation site
- Support the Corporate Crisis Management Team (CMT) when needed to communicate to employees
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field
- 10+ years experience in internal employee communications role in a global setting, 5+years of management experience
- Working knowledge of employee benefits, compensation and other human resource programs preferred
- Experience with or exposure to strategic change management and change communication strategies preferred
- Communications planning, budgeting, project management and implementation experience (including the ability to integrate and coordinate various elements into an actionable plan)
- Creative, visual storyteller, with a passion for creating content for all channels and audiences
- Experience communicating for a global audience with multiple types of audiences and channels.
- Extensive experience writing in varied formats (long-form, short-form), mediums (social media, web, video) and audiences (executive, managerial and individual contributor employee levels)
- Strong presentation delivery and ability to pitch ideas
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and able to manage multiple priorities and possess a high degree of attention to detail
- Must have strong collaboration skills, with proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders across HR department and other corporate functions to accomplish goals
- Travel: 10%