Market Research internApply Now Job ID 2020-9571 Date posted 03/19/2020
Overview - External
Work with a global leader
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Through FM Global’s hands-on, year-round, paid corporate market research internship program, students compete for a unique opportunity to work with the market research team to gather and analyze data to support FM Global’s initiatives and position the company competitively in the market.
Experience you will gain:
FM Global’s market research interns gain meaningful, real-world experience in gathering, analyzing and evaluating market data and researching market performance and analysis as it relates to products and services. As an intern, you will receive excellent mentoring and supervision and gain real world working experience in a corporate environment. Your qualitative and quantitative contributions will play an integral role in assisting the market research team to position FM Global both as an industry leader globally, as well as an employer of choice locally.
At FM Global, you can expect to develop confidence and marketable skills by engaging in or assisting with many of the following activities:
- assist in information gathering for on-going market research initiatives;
- help gather client and policy data via data extracts;
- conduct Internet research (competitor, industry & product) as necessary;
- maintain our internal Sharepoint site;
- complete administrative tasks as assigned;
- receive excellent mentoring and supervision; and
- gain real world working experience in a professional, corporate environment
To be considered for FM Global’s year-round market research internship, you must:
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Major in Marketing, Market Research, or Business Management;
- Have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (specifically Access and Excel) is essential;
- Must possess internet research skills as well as familiarity with databases such as LexisNexis and Data Vision
- Must have interest in creating surveys and analyzing results as well as familiarity with using survey platforms such as Qualtrics
- Be a junior going into senior year in college
Hours are flexible and depend on the student’s class schedule, course requirements (if applicable) and availability. Ideally, the hours would be full-time during the summer and winter semesters and part-time during the fall and spring semesters, with a start date in spring 2020. The FM Global market research internship is offered at the company’s corporate offices in Johnston, R.I.
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.