Payroll Tax Analyst
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
Under the general direction of the Payroll Manager, oversees employer and employee tax related functions within payroll. Adhering to Federal, State/Provincial and local tax regulations, as well as vendor requirements, ensures timely and accurate filing and payment of US and Canadian taxes. Researches and rectifies inquires from employees and external agencies related to filings, payments, and audits. Internally analyzes and audits payroll tax setup within the payroll system and tax vendor system. Compiles and reports payroll financials related to international assignee and business traveler taxation, and payroll bank account reconciliation. Involved in testing of payroll tax updates.
Qualifications - External:
- Associate degree in Finance or relevant work experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of payroll tax compliance including federal regulations, multi-state taxation, and reciprocity rules, annual wage base and limits such as Medicare/OASDI/CPP/QPP. 5+ years experience in automated multi-state payroll processing. Interaction with Systems and Programming Team. 5 + years with a U.S. and Canadian tax system preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook, aptitude for figures; oral and written communication skills, organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills; comprehensive research and root cause analysis; critical thinking; knowledge of basic procedures involved in computerized multi state processing. U.S. and Canadian federal, state, local and provincial taxes.