Portfolio Program Manager (PPM)Agile, Information Technology Job ID 2022-11839 Johnston, Rhode Island 04/11/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This position can be located at any of the FM Global Operations throughout the US, Canada or EMEA.
The Portfolio Program Manager (PPM) serves as a key collaboration point for staff function executives (SVPs) to actively facilitate the priorities aligned to the organization's initiatives. Also, effectively manage the prioritized program initiatives (both non-technology and technology). This includes pipeline and readiness of both corporate and operations units to effectively complete various programs and projects within the portfolio. Also, monitoring and reporting progress of the portfolio to respective staff with specific emphasis on business objectives and value delivery. Additionally, efficient resource development and allocation, effective risk and issue management, and helping to mitigate program volatility with respect to scope and quality changes and process improvements.
Will be responsible for successful implementation of the portfolio programs and provide leadership to the multi-functional program team (not in supervisory capacity) assigned to the programs and projects. The PPM will also serve to strengthen the staff functions’ ability to effectively implement business change and ensure business readiness. Then, deliver predictable and consistent outcomes expected with programs initiatives, and derive the full value opportunities. The PPM will track benefits and performance of programs and projects in the pipeline against business case success metrics, along with program sponsor. The role will provide transparency of resource capacity management. This will balance the program impact of change to the business with priorities of the organization to help ensure successful program implementation. Works with staff and “service delivery group” to source needed program and project resources. Helps define “fit for purpose” methodologies for the respective nature of the business problems being addressed by the business owner.
The PPM builds and sustains relationships with staff function. Additionally, provides effective bridges within the Strategy Execution Office (SEO) to ensure close liaison and execution of programs between corporate and operations. The role works with the leadership team to ensure strong sponsorship engagement on prioritized programs and responsibility for communicating the health and status of program initiatives.
Will ensure compliance with standard processes and procedures within the SEO and “service delivery” group. Share standard methodologies and lessons learned across portfolio/program initiatives. Uses and drives adoption of standards and best practices with bias towards continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business or relevant core insurance areas or functional areas of the organization. MS or MBA preferred in relevant areas!
- Program management qualification (e.g. PMP certification) and certifications are added plus
- 10+ years of experience in portfolio and program management and/or operations and staff function leadership roles. Has successful track record leading multi-functional teams on product and service delivery.
- Broad and deep business knowledge and experience. Both operation and corporate desirable.
- SEO or PMO experience with strong track record developing and leading large-scale business and complex programs and projects aligned to KPI approach or value- based measures is an added plus
- Experience with driving one or more large enterprise level programs (requiring large scale change management) within or outside of FM Global. Demonstrated track record of an effective change agent.
- Previous experience in strategy and/or business consulting work with highly reputable consulting organization (McKinsey, Bain, Boston Consulting). Or, Fortune 500 company internal consulting position
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center