PPM Underwriting Portfolio
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Portfolio Program Manager (PPM) serves as a key collaboration point for staff function executives (SVPs) to actively facilitate the priorities aligned to the strategic initiatives of the organization and effectively manage the prioritized program initiatives (both non-technology and technology). This includes pipeline and readiness of both corporate and operations units to effectively execute on various programs and projects within the portfolio; monitoring and reporting progress of the portfolio to respective staff with specific emphasis on business objectives and value delivery, efficient resource development and allocation, effective risk and issue management, and helping to mitigate program volatility with respect to scope and quality changes and process improvements.
The PPM will be responsible for successful implementation of the portfolio programs and provide leadership to the cross-functional program team (not in supervisory capacity) assigned to the programs and projects. The role will also serve to strengthen the staff functions’ ability to effectively implement business change, ensure readiness of the business, deliver predictable and consistent outcomes expected with programs initiatives; derive the full value opportunities. The PPM will track benefits and performance of programs and projects in the pipeline against business case success metrics, along with program sponsor. The role will provide transparency of resource capacity management to balance the program impact of change to the business with priorities of the organization to help ensure successful program implementation. Works with staff and “service delivery group” to source needed program and project resources and helps define “fit for purpose” methodologies for the respective nature of the business problems being addressed by the business owner.
The PPM builds and sustains relationships with staff function and provides effective bridges within the SEO to ensure close liaison and execution of programs between corporate and operations. The role works with the leadership team to ensure strong sponsorship engagement on prioritized programs and responsibility for communicating the health and status of program initiatives.
The PPM will ensure compliance with standard processes and procedures within the SEO and “service delivery” group. Share best practices and lessons learned across portfolio/program initiatives, leverages and drives adoption of standards and best practices with bias towards continuous improvement.
·Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business or relevant core insurance areas or functional areas of the organization; MS or MBA preferred in relevant areas
- Program management qualification (e.g. PMP certification) and certifications are added plus
- 10+ years of experience in portfolio and program management and/or operations and staff function leadership roles with successful track record leading cross functional teams on product and service delivery
- Broad and deep business knowledge and experience; both operation and corporate desirable
- SEO or PMO experience with strong track record developing and leading large-scale business and complex programs and projects aligned to KPI approach or value- based measures is an added plus
- Experience with driving one or more large enterprise level programs (requiring large scale change management) within or outside of FM Global and demonstrated track record of an effective change agent.
- Previous experience in strategy and/or business consulting work with highly reputable consulting organization (McKinsey, Bain, Boston Consulting); or Fortune 500 company internal consulting position
- Knowledge of standard documentation tools (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint) and able to learn and adapt effectively to new operational tools integrated into the SEO
- Strong communication skills (including written and oral presentation skills) with ability to communicate and adapt communication to all levels of the organization – Executives to front line employees
- Ability to multi-task and partner effectively with different types of stakeholders (Core Insurance, Support Functions and Business Enablement.)
- Strong networking and influencing skills, especially in terms of navigating FM Global organization to coordinate across a large and varied set of stakeholders
- Ability to quickly develop understanding of new operating model concepts and drive change
- Strong attention to detail – systematic and strategic thinker who can foresee long term implication and challenges in implementing change through the SEO