Principal Client Technology Specialist
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
This position is responsible for leading all aspects of ideation, implementation, security, administration, lifecycle management and third level support of end-user enabling technology solutions in our environment. This includes all desktop/laptop/tablet/mobile hardware and software, cloud-based solutions, Print and output technology, VoIP Telephony, meeting and collaboration space audio/video technology, audio/video-conferencing, interactive collaboration displays, as well as research of new and emerging end-user enabling technologies. This is the highest level in the Client Technology job family. Incumbents establish and maintain a modern, stable, flexible and robust operating environment for all endpoint devices and end-user technologies. This position requires a security-minded, prudent employee with drive to work with a wide range of rapidly evolving software, collaborative technology, automation, and infrastructure management which enhance the productivity of the FM Global business community. Individuals holding this position are expected to work independently as well as in assigned project teams.
Qualifications - External:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent computing certifications
- 6+ years of overall Information Technology related experience
- 3+ years of scripting/software development.
- Thorough understanding of Windows operating system platform including servicing model and branched update cadence
- Understanding of Android and iOS mobile operating systems, mobile device management and mobile application management capabilities and administration
- Global device management experience with focus on device security configurations, OS deployments, software distribution, and patching (SCCM)
- Enterprise level malware and intrusion protection products
- Microsoft Cloud technologies such as OneDrive, Office 365, and Teams
- Experience creating and driving proactive monitoring and reporting for endpoint client health and other various client metrics
- Operating System Deployment: MDT, SCCM, Image and Driver Management
- Modern Device Management Tools: Intune, SCCM (Current), JAMF, Azure AD
- Scripting Languages: PowerShell, VBScript, and Legacy Scripting Languages
- Reporting: SQL, SSRS, Power BI
- Software Packaging and Deployment: InstallShield, SCCM
- Ability to work independently; attending meetings, meet time sensitive deadlines
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written; creation of clear and concise documentation is a must.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks of varying priorities, work closely with IS development teams and various business units.
- Commitment to customer service and a willingness to continually learn new products and technologies
- Ability to mentor and assist with the guidance/management of others in the group and have the capability of leading the group if necessary.