Principal Collaboration Solutions Engineer
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
FM Global is searching for an experienced Workforce Solutions Collaboration & Mobility Engineer who has a strong background in Microsoft O365, OneDrive, SharePoint, Skype, and governance policy implementations across an enterprise organization.
In this role, you will take the technical lead in designing, planning, and executing onour Business Technology Services Roadmap across the enterprise. You’ll work with stakeholder across IT and business users, generate simple PoCs, initiate pilots and align with solution and enterprise architecture roadmaps. This is a role where you will balance between a tactical, hands-on configuration expert and a strategic architect.
- Partner with Business Analysts and Project Managers to provide technical guidance during projects planning and execution
- Create models and diagrams for communicating business and technical architectures
- Lead design reviews and the development of technology roadmaps
- Clearly document/communicate issues, exceptions and key decisions ensuring alignment among stakeholders
- Represent Business Technology Services in the architecture community and in architecture reviews
- Work closely and collaboratively with the infrastructure, network, security, product and operations teams on proof-of-concepts, demonstrations, analysis, and vendor evaluations
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of vendor products and consulting resources.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of current and emerging technologies to identify, develop opportunities for improved business value
- Participate in research and usability testing incorporating learnings and feedback into strategies, designs, roadmaps
- Partner closely with solution and enterprise architects to ensure cross team technology dependencies are well understood and accounted for in designs
Qualifications - External:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience in IT
- 3+ years in software development or related experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience in identifying and architecting solutions to provide business value
- Strong understanding of client management tools; MDM, MAM, Intune
- Strong understanding of enterprise cloud service platforms (Azure, AWS, and other industry standard platforms)
- Expertise in current and emerging security capabilities and best practices to ensure robust and secure solutions
- Diverse knowledge of various end user collaboration and communications services and applicationsShould have practical high levelknowledge and experience with Power Shell
- Work closely with other teams to ensure end user solutions meet defined standards
- Experience in producing detailed architecture and conceptual design diagrams
- Experience in taking projects from architectural vision through implementation
- Communicates quality technical and usability information consistently, succinctly and clearly, to all levels of the organization
- Strong Business Analysis, Project Management and multitasking skill