Principal Data Analyst
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsible for the management and governance of FM Global’s data assets through the development and refinement of the enterprise data model and product specific logical data models. The Principal Data Analyst will join a team dedicated to fulfilling the data governance needs of FM Global in order to supportanalytics, regulatory compliance, data security and consistent use of data across the enterprise.
Education:, Information technology, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training with a non-related Bachelor degree.
Experience: 6+ years of experience in data analysis developing data models utilizing one of the leading model management tools within the industry.
- Strong knowledge of data repositories and metadata management disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies specific to the data related artifacts.
- Strong knowledge of planning and task management
- Strong knowledge of dimensional modeling
- Knowledge of Analytics, BI, Data Science is a plus
- Strong knowledge understanding of data integration and data quality
- Strong data analysis and data modeling skills on large, enterprise-based initiatives.
- Data Catalogs
- Data mapping logical models to physical models
- Working knowledge of data architectures, data normalization and data classification
- Hands-on experience with industry leading data governance tools.
- In depth experience in applications project-related data analysis.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Good project discipline, operating as part of a team or across teams to reach agreement to the enterprise view of the data
- Implementing best practices for data governance practices related to standard naming, data definitions, taxonomy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express complex business rules in a data model and to interpret the data rules from a data model.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Presentation skills
- Ability to shape communication for different audiences
- Ability to work well on cross-functional project teams within Technology, Product and the business environment.