Principal Quality Assurance Specialist
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Participate at the highest technical level to agile project teams in the analysis, design, and execution of effective Quality Assurance procedures and defect prevention/detection processes for corporate and client area information systems, across multiple computing environments. Design and develop test automation, including frameworks and test software. Ensure that the most complex systems delivered will consistently address the organization’s business needs or problems as defined in the requirements, while considering test automation efficiencies to allow for maximum team throughput.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field of study, and 6 years of experience in software quality assurance environment.
- Experience specified must include 6 years of experience with each of the following: planning for creating and executing software tests; analyzing business requirements, business activity, and information models to develop appropriate tests; working in operating system, database management system, and application development environments; test case management tools, and problem tracking/reporting systems; and performing functional, integration, load/stress and regression testing, and evaluating and documenting the results.
- Experience specified must also include 4 years of experience with each of the following: creating test automation frameworks; designing and developing automated software tests through programming; and automated testing tools.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Work Location:270 Central Ave., Johnston, RI 02919
Apply at: To apply visit http://www.fmglobal.com/careers, Job ID# 2020-10191