Product Owner - Account Manager and Production Underwriter Journey
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This product owner position will afford the successful candidate the following benefits:
- Strong leadership opportunities through leading one or more software development teams (10 professionals per team)
- High visibility to and engagement with senior stakeholders in Client Service, Underwriting, Engineering and Marketing
- The opportunity to form strong partnerships with Home Office Staff functions and personnel
- The opportunity to work collaboratively with our Data Analytics and Innovation teams
- The opportunity to engage and partner with operations-based stakeholders to envision and build out the account manager dashboard, and perhaps other tools, into a single point of daily, actionable intelligence for the end users
- The opportunity to be a change agent leader in the company
- To help ensure the end user valued derived from digital tools delivered by the Product Organization is highly impactful and a real differentiator
- A great challenge and tremendous opportunity to leverage further career opportunities both within the Product Organization or across the FM Global Group.
The Product Owner for the Account Manager and Production Underwriter Journey is a central role in an agile technology delivery organization and is the owner of the vision, development and delivery of valuable business technology solutions (products) for the key business activities in the journey. The product in this area is the Account Manager and Production Underwriter Dashboard that is early in its development. The target end users are the account manager and production underwriter with an expanded end user footprint that includes the following end users: Account Engineers, Underwriters, CPS’s, FM Global Operations Management, AFM Management and others. This individual is responsible for conducting research on user and business needs, defining the product vision and prioritizing the product backlog, while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of the product features and components.
The Product Owner defines measurable end user focused objectives at the product level and keeps the team focused on the objectives throughout the delivery cycle. The Product Owner has a significant role in quality and is the only member of the agile team empowered to accept completed stories (work that must be done to create and deliver a feature for a product).
Additional responsibilities include:
- Sets an ambitious and clear product vision and communicates the story effectively to key stakeholders and the development team.
- Owns the end-to-end product strategy from inception and determines the business value once a solution enters production. Builds a backlog of product features (i.e. writes user stories and acceptance criteria) with the development team ensuring all items are clearly described, estimated and prioritized.
- Required to make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensures customer-driven design thinking by considering user pain points and customer experience, while using market and industry knowledge to deliver a valuable product.
- Defines customer success, ensures adoption and monitors ongoing success using tools to understand the market utilizing usage statistics, focus surveys, surveys and feedback sessions and iterating with end user needs as they change.
- Leads design/product meetings, approves each feature. Drives sprint and release plans together with Scrum Master.
- Communicates committed stories for the upcoming sprints to relevant stakeholders.
**This position requires 10 to 15% of international/domestic travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5 -10 years of related work or domain (i.e. FM Global Group operations) experience preferred.
- Proven ability to make hard decisions in a fast-paced environment, and proven ability in leading and coaching cross-functional individuals
- Capable of creating and leading a high-performance culture and environment
- Deep business expertise to set clear priorities for product and understand business value impacts
- Is comfortable with technology and can engage in discussions with technology teams to understand risks
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex messages in a compelling manner
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to operate at both strategic vision and tactical execution level
- Proven ability to influence diverse groups of stakeholders, including senior stakeholders
- Inclusive leadership style
- Passion for challenging the status quo and developing out-of-the-box ideas; seek to go outside their comfort zone
- Change management experience