Product Owner – Cloud Infrastructure Services
Johnston, Rhode Island
We connect people, processes and technologies. We enable strategy, empower business, and create value for clients, partners and employees. That's what makes Technology at FM Global so exciting. We build resilience and security into all aspects of our technology infrastructure which is the cornerstone from which all other services are provided.
What makes a successful Information Technology employee at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
NATURE IS NOT PREDICTABLE. OUR TECHNOLOGY NEEDS TO BE.
For our 1,800 engineers helping protect our clients' businesses against potential disaster, the ability to reliably transact business from anywhere in the world is critical. That's what makes designing IT systems at FM Global so exciting. My colleagues and I build innovative mobile solutions that ensure critical loss prevention information is never more than a click away. This commitment to protecting our clients' businesses from loss through advanced technology solutions is why I choose to work at FM Global.George — Information Technology Manager — Employee Since 1995
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
- Manages key Strategy & Business Enablement and other business stakeholder relationships for responsible products and services, ensuring transparency and alignment with agile teams, information security, and business priorities as they relate to cloud infrastructure services product lifecycle and backlog/task dependencies.
- Provides guidance in assessing, mitigating, and managing product opportunities and risks. Defines and aligns the visions for all products within the journey. Engages customers (lines of business, other technology functions) as needed. Is accountable for the overall product management and brand of various products within a journey.
- Delivers valuable, quality, and timely enterprise cloud infrastructure services solutions features and capabilities in alignment with enterprise priorities and assuring operational excellence of the various technology products.
- Leads the product vision and is accountable for the alignment, prioritization of value, and oversight and cost management of all products in the journey. Ensures healthy product backlogs for all products within their journeys while striving for timely delivery, representing the customer and key partners.
- 5 to 10 Years Related work experience in roles of increasing responsibility/influence designing and managing enterprise cloud and infrastructure technologies
- Strong practical understanding of core cloud technologies (Storage, Compute, Networking, IaaS, PaaS, automation) and their associated governance, lifecycle management, and delivery
- Experience leading highly skilled, high performing teams
- Demonstrable ability to make hard decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to operate at both strategic vision and tactical execution level
- Knowledge of agile practices in an enterprise cloud infrastructure environment is highly preferred
- Experience managing a backlog; Product Owner (or similar) experience a plus
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex messages in a compelling manner
- Demonstrable ability to influence diverse groups of stakeholders
- Inclusive leadership style
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Microsoft Azure, or AWS certifications
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.