Project CoordinatorInnovation Job ID 2024-14176 Primary Location: Johnston, Rhode Island 01/30/2024 Hiring Range: $78,500 - $112,800
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Project Coordinator, as a member of the Innovation Services Team, will serve in support of and collaboration with Innovation Leads to realize successful execution of multiple medium to large-scale projects (both non-technology and technology) in the PoC and PoV phases. Typically, these projects support the focus of strategic Value Streams as championed by FM InnoVentures, vary in scope and have a moderate level of risk. Projects solution for business unit or staff group defined business problems that require additional learning and may benefit from capability or technology not originating within FM Global. The PC is viewed as a key resource in support of driving ideas to value for the business. This role has the opportunity to develop into higher level project and change management related roles within FM InnoVentures and/or the Delivery Practices Group.
Schedule & Location:
This position will be based at our global headquarters campus located at 500 Exchange Place, Providence, Rhode Island.
- Prepare monthly portfolio wide project status report (“Funnel” status report)
- Prepare Quarterly Report
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Ensure compliance with Innovation Services process and standards
- Ensure project level documentation is securely stored
- Support meeting management and scheduling
- Capture meeting takeaways and action items
- Collaborate with Innovation Lead on the development of Business Case and Cost benefit Analysis
- Collaborate with Innovation Lead to create a Project Plan, Stakeholder Registry, and maintain Risk and Issue Log
- Support Innovation Lead with vendor management, including contract reviews with Legal and security review with Information Systems
- Collaborate with Innovation Lead to submit Common Status Report on a regular cadence to stakeholders to include blockers, risks/issues and overall project status
- Support Innovation Lead with the development of success metrics and tracking mechanism
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, and information
- Utilize time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Communicate complex subjects in simple terms
- 3+ years of experience in project lead roles with successful track record
- Experience coordinating medium and large-scale projects
- 4-years bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Workfront, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint
Highly Preferred Education:
- Project management training or qualifications
Required Work Experience:
- 3-years experience in project coordination or project management roles
Highly Preferred Work Experience:
- 3-5 years
- Technical Ability: Knowledge of standard documentation tools (e.g., Workfront; MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint) and able to learn and adapt effectively to new operational tools
- Presentation & Communication: Strong communication skills (including written and oral presentation skills)
- Planning & Organizing: Skilled at developing schedules and timetables with clear, specific milestones, deadlines, and contingencies. Able to monitor team performance and adjust plans or pace based on progress, performance, risks, and issues.
- Problem Solving: Effective at anticipating, identifying, and implementing practical and timely solutions to problems.
- Partnership Building: Ability to multi-task and partner effectively with different types of stakeholders (Staff Groups; Strategy & Business Enablement; Delivery Practices Group)
Highly Preferred Skills:
- A basic familiarity with innovative technologies as this role may be involved in supporting cutting edge tech projects.
The salary range for this position is $78,500 to $112,800. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center