Quality Assurance Specialist - Multiple Levels
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
FM Global’s business technology transformation has resulted in changes to improve how we deliver technology solutions to market. The technology enablement organization is seeking Quality Assurance (Automation) Specialists part of the Business Analysis and Support Chapter that focuses on business analysis, quality assurance automation, and testing. This chapter is seeking Quality Assurance (Automation) Specialists to work with agile teams, and focus on conducting testing (manual and automated), and development of automated tests which include writing code and other test scripting, and integration of tests into a CICD pipeline. These individuals will work in a rapid, iterative environment with short feedback loops, and a focus on testing efficiencies. Individuals in this position will report to a Chapter Lead for Business Analysis and Support, and work as part of agile teams in support of business technology solutions.
- Contribute to the team’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, designing and executing tests in support of the agile development process.
- Design and development automated testing code and scripts with inputs and expected results as part of a test framework. This includes integration, UI, and acceptance level tests.
- Drive testing mindset on agile team and support developers in their creation of efficient and comprehensive automated unit and integration tests. Partner with developers to improve and automate test processes.
- Research and maintain testing frameworks and tools.
- Design test scenarios, acceptance criteria (using gherkin) and test data.
- Conduct exploratory testing and other manual testing as needed leveraging critical thinking and product knowledge to find issues rapidly.
- Configure and maintain tooling for testing, coverage and reporting.
- Report on and maintain test results.
- Identify and track defects; work with developers and business analysts to identify and isolate issues.
- Provide end user support for production technology solutions. May include creation and execution of SQL database queries.
- Advocate for maintaining a high quality bar, making sure quality and testing is an integral part of development.
- Communicate with product, design and technical stakeholders.
- Supports load, stress, performance, and reliability testing efforts and associated analysis.
- Contribute to the team’s effectiveness and efficiency by educating, supporting and setting an example of software development best practices as related to testing.
Education: Bachelor's degree, or similar experience, preferably in an IT-related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2 – 8+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Specialist, Business Analyst or a combined Business Analyst/QA Analyst role in a high performance and dynamic team environment.
- Agile mindset and fast to adapt to change.
- Excellent communication, analytical and time management skills. Must demonstrate ability and desire to continually learn.
- Experience designing and implementing test automation code using C# and other programming languages, automation scripts, and test automation tools such as Selenium/Appium, Ready API, and other resources.
- Experience with test case management tools, test case generation techniques, and problem tracking/reporting systems.
- Extensive experience with creation/refinement of acceptance criteria using Gherkin.
- Proven continual self-learning in the ever-changing landscape of test and test automation techniques, frameworks, and tools/technologies
- Proven ability to perform functional, integration, load/stress and regression testing and to accurately evaluate and document the results.
- Experience with database management systems/SQL.
- In depth understanding of current business processes in one or more functional business areas.
- Proven ability to analyze business requirements, and understand business activity and information models, to develop appropriate tests.
- Experience working with developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability.