Technical Lead - REACT DevelopmentInformation Services - Other, Information Technology Job ID 2023-12785 Primary Location: Johnston, Rhode Island 01/27/2023
More information about this job:
This position is open to candidates seeking remote opportunities. Candidate must be open to periodic travel to headquarters located in Johnston, RI dependent on business needs. Must be willing to work EST hours.
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We are hiring a Development Lead to join our team. This is a great opportunity for somebody who would like to enhance their current skills and learn new technologies.
As a Development Lead you will emphasize partnership and servant leadership within your team and the organization. You will collaborate with your team members to design and implement multi-tiered enterprise solutions that are feature rich, performant, and maintain a high degree of test automation.
You will actively participate and contribute to technical discussions and code reviews. You will work to enhance your skills and capabilities as well as those of other developers within your agile chapter through experimentation, training, and knowledge sharing.
You will bring…
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to delivery.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate openly within a fast-moving team.
- A deep desire to learn and apply technology in a pragmatic way to create client value.
- Experience designing and building systems that are maintainable, evolvable, and highly tested.
- Ability to effectively participate in peer code reviews and pull requests, both as the reviewer and the reviewee.
- The desire and initiative to know the latest in development technologies, tools, and implementation patterns to share this knowledge within teams and the broader organization.
10+ years of application development experience with large scale business applications in a fast-paced iterative development environment.
5+ years designing, developing, and implementing business applications from business concept through production.
3+ years’ experience leading business application development teams of 5+ team members.
Commercial insurance knowledge is preferred.
- Experience with C#, .NET, data structures, basic algorithms, and applying object-oriented principles and design patterns.
- Experience developing front-ends leveraging modern frameworks such as Angular or React.
- Proficiency with development tools such as Visual Studio and Git.
- Strong Proficiency with relational databases design and query construction and optimization (we use SQL Server and Postgress, other RDBMS experience is acceptable).
- Experience implementing unit and integration tests with NUnit, xUnit, MS Test, Selenium or similar.
- Strong understanding of architectural principles of software development, data modelling, and security.
- Experience with or desire to upskill on modern technologies including:
- Event driven architecture
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with Object-Relational tools such as Entity Framework, EF Core, Dapper, or NHibernate.
- Experience with agile methodologies and frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline. Advanced degree and certification are desirable.
The hiring range for this position is $110,900 to $159,400. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with FM Global in the U.S. and a condition of FM Global office entry in Canada. Further, all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing onsite for open positions, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center