Johnston, Rhode Island
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Engineer at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Flexibility & Achieving Change
- Gets Results
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
Sr. Consultant engineer
employee since 2007
I play a part in building a bright future that can weather any storm.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Depending on your role, we offer a company vehicle to suit your traveling needs.
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Manage/facilitate the Operating Standard development process which will involve several disciplines from across the company.
Achieve the objectives of assigned projects by researching, collecting, documenting, consolidating, analysing data and providing ongoing feedback to the manager on the status and progress of assigned projects.
Improve the knowledge and skills of field and account engineers in identifying and communicating hazards by developing recommendations for engineering processes, procedures, standards, systems and technology solutions/improvements and provide feedback by monitoring/improving operational processes and management systems through auditing.
Resolve routing questions or concerns about policies, procedures, standards, processes, systems or technology from field and account engineers as well as other segments of FM Global.
Prepare field and account engineers to use new procedures, processes, standards, systems, and technology by developing job aids, participating in training, writing procedures or basic engineering guidelines or coordinating hardware and software needs.
Monitor project success by tracking results and resolving procedural problems, auditing, developing progress reports or recommending further actions.
Contribute to the success of staff engineering in support of field and account engineering activities by providing support and assistance when needed to any staff engineering project.
Develops products and services for over 1500 engineers to use when assessing hazards and causing risk improvement.
Supports the decision making process which effects all engineering policies.
Assist in the training of engineers by developing and delivering relevant materials.
BS in engineering or equivalent industry experience
5+ years experience
- Strong rotating equipment technical aptitude and experience including a knowledge of engineering principals (field and account)
- Lead, audit and facilitate improvement and sustainability of rotating machinery reliability and preventive maintenance programs
- Identify and facilitate documentation of best practices equipment specifications, standards and maintenance activities.
- Review and provide guidance for minimum essential requirements during factory test or machine shop testing
- Facilitate and support development and implementation of rotating machinery reliability strategies
- Assist developing critical equipment identification and improving holistic reliability strategies
- Support rotating machinery cross function teams to ensure knowledge transfer and sharing of lessons learned
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication
- Exemplary consultative skills, including active listening
- Effective execution, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Proven project management capabilities
- Strong analytical thinker with logical application
- Decisive problem solver
Additionally. the ideal candidate will be a high energy, creative individual with strength in the key attributes of fast learning, adapability, client focus and excellent communication.