Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
The Scrum Master promotes the agile mindset in agile teams, challenging and removing organizational and cultural impediments. They are constantly guiding teams in discovery, learning and coaching to ensure product development teams are achieving their full potential in improving their velocity and finishing the committed work within the sprint. In certain situations, the Scrum Master helps a team through transformational and transitional changes, helping teams identify and remove organizational impediments which limits team productivity and performance. At the team level, the Scrum Master helps the teams form, storm, norm, and perform while shielding the team from external distractions. The Scrum Master works very closely with the product owner, team and Agile coach to achieve results in delivery of key features needed in both development releases as well as product enhancement features. Serves as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team, along with facilitating all the scrum ceremonies, activities and practices.
As an Agile Chapter member, Scrum Master will work closely with other chapter Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches to adhere and promote the Chapter vision, goals, standards and practices throughout the organization for enterprise alignment. And actively contribute to the development and success of the chapter.
Qualifications - External:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Degree in computer science or engineering preferred
- Certification in CSM / PSM / CSPO / PSPO or similar required
- 3+ years of experience working in Agile development environment like Scrum, Kanban etc. required
- 2+ years of experience working as Scrum Master of one or more teams in complex set up required
- Passionate about Agile adoption and working in efficient ways to build high performing teams
- Knowledgeable in Agile values, principles, Framework and practices
- Able to teach, promote and coach teams on new and efficient development practices
- Experience with using Agile tools such as Jira, TFS, VSTS/ADO, Rally LeanKit etc.
- Skilled at taking a holistic view of processes and interactions and identifying bottlenecks and areas for improvement; able to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement in team
- Is confident and skilled at navigating the team through road-blocks to allow sprints to be completed on time
- Has strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
- Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue – strong mediator
- Acts as active team coach and mentor whose goal is to grow and maximize the team’s potential
- Practices servant leadership, always thinking about how to enable the team to perform and pushing for what is best for the team
- Brings a positive high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him