Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader responsible for two or more teams promoting Agile frameworks, principles, practices, and values. Acts as a team coach, and mentors teams and Product Owners as needed in Lean-Agile mindset enabling teams to deliver business value early and often.
Supports Agile Chapter in Agile adoption and implementation; helps team members and stakeholders understand and enact empirical product development; challenges teams and removes organizational and/or cultural impediments to increases productivity and effectiveness of Agile transformation in the organization.
- Practices servant leadership focusing on the needs of the team and those they serve, with the goal of achieving results in line with the organization’s values, principles, and business objectives
- Acts as mentor to development teams, Product Owners and other Scrum Masters helping to develop Agile mindset, business value, and cross-team/product/program/portfolio coordination
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, refinements, Scrum of Scrum, and other Scrum-related events as needed
- Facilitates the Agile maturity assessment of the team, and coaches the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
- Helps in planning, organizing, and facilitating Agile Release planning meetings at team and program level
- Collaborates with the Scrum team on developing and maintaining team standards, performance metrics, tools, and best practices, including working agreements, definition of done, and definition of ready
- Promotes a Community of Practice among Agile Chapter by freely sharing knowledge and feedback
- Takes a holistic view of processes and interactions, and identifies bottlenecks and areas for improvement; able to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement in team
- Displays skill and confidence to help the team navigate through roadblocks, and fulfil their commitment
- Resolves conflicts within the team before they become an issue – strong mediator
·Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
·Certification in CSM / PSM / CSPO / PSPO or similar required
- 4 plus years of combined experience working in complex Agile environment with multiple teams and dependencies in an enterprise organization
- 2 plus years of experience as a Scrum Master working with multiple teams in a complex environment
- Experience working in scaling Agile environment using SAFe or similar frameworks would be nice to have
- Experience working with Agile tools e.g. Jira, Rally, ADO, VersionOne, etc.
- Exposure to modern engineering practices like UTDD, ATDD, Test Automation CI/CD, etc.
- Knowledge and expertise in Lean and Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Understanding of one or more Scaling Agile frameworks – e.g. SAFe would be good to have
- Strong facilitation and communication skills: ability to facilitate teams through tough conversations and maintain a positive and supportive team environment
- Able to challenge and remove team, organizational and/or cultural impediments promoting and supporting change that increases the Scrum teams’ productivity
- Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue – strong facilitator
- Agile champion, promoter, protector, and team coach
- Able to create, teach and help teams maintain Agile performance metrics like Velocity, Lead/Cycle Time, Technical Debt, Automation, etc.