SDET-Principal Quality Assurance Engineer
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
The Principal Quality Assurance Engineer role is responsible for designing, developing, and executing effective test automation to build quality into our business technology solutions. These individuals will work in a rapid, iterative environment with short feedback loops, and focus on prioritizing opportunities for test automation and implementing automation practices and technologies in the agile team. Individuals in this position will also be responsible for leading other developers in building test automation into their solutions.
Qualifications - External:
- 8+ years of experience as a Test Automation Engineer in a high-performing and dynamic team environment.
- Experience in leading test automation practices for Agile and DevOps teams across an agile environment.
- Experience influencing multiple teams in the successful implementation of test automation strategies while continuously promoting the adoption of new technologies, and coding design patterns for software automation.
- Proven experience with the evaluation of efficiency and effectiveness of testing design patterns, test automation tools and processes.
- Proven experience planning, designing, and implementing testing strategies and automation for large and complex business systems.
- Extensive experience in developing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using MS Test, NUnit, TestNG, Cucumber/SpecFlow, Selenium and Postman.