Senior Agile Coach
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Senior Agile Coach is one of the key leaders in promoting the Agile mindset and helping build the Agile adoption and capabilities in the organization. This role will anchor the Agile Coach team within the chapter, and will work across multiple teams within the Agile organization proactively engaging Agile squads to build capabilities where needed. The Senior Agile coach trains and mentors Agile teams, leaders, and executives within the organization to leverage Agile principles, practices, and frameworks to deliver high value business capabilities. They serve as a subject matter expert on scaling Agile development for the team, or teams, they are coaching, and work to transform an entire portfolio by observing, evaluating, and implementing changes to solve organizational and cultural impediments. They embrace servant leadership and display behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being Agile. They identify opportunities for continuous improvement and influence change at all organizational levels.
- Coach and inform leaders and executives within the organization on the opportunities and benefits of applying Agile principles across the entire organization
- Coach 2-6 teams simultaneously by directly observing team activities; providing general and role-based training; and helping raise and solve impediments
- Help the team adapt Agile methodology through Agile discovery and learning in their environment, while challenging the existing environment; work with Transformation Lead and Product Owners to identify additional opportunities
- Coach/facilitate business stakeholders in the development of Minimal Viable Products (MVP)
- Coach Scrum Masters and other team leads on their respective functions within Agile, and on best practice Agile methodologies
- Facilitate program retrospectives for teams and executive management
- Facilitate Agile protocols between Agile teams and other teams or groups that may not have adapted Agile yet
- Raise recurring, widely-observed issues and bottlenecks to Agile team stakeholders (e.g. PO, Training Lead) and develop and implement comprehensive solutions
- Promote and challenge others to foster teamwork, and use disciplined Agile approaches for developing quality software
- Develop enterprise Agile awareness, training materials, and content; translate industry best practices into actionable recommendations
- Develop and monitor metrics to track progress of Agile adoption and maturity to aid in accelerating overall Agile transformation efforts
- Work with the team to develop plans for Agile tooling
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; Master’s degree is a plus
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- 10+ years of iterative or Agile-like development experience
- Experience and ability to influence change at the leadership level and the team level to form productive relationships quickly
- Experience with Agile tools (e.g. Jira, Rally)
- Experience demonstrating Agile mindset and working knowledge of Agile techniques including Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile scaling patterns and framework
- Ability to operate in the capacity of a trusted advisor to senior leaders and executives while seeking opportunities to further promote and apply Agile mindset within the organization
- Knowledge applying Agile principles outside technology solution development to drive business agility
- Knowledgeable about Agile principles and application
- Passionate about change and continuous improvement; willing to challenge status quo and dissent when needed, and not afraid to point out development areas and give constructive feedback
- Spike in influencing and building strong relationships with teams, peers and leaders
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills; adept at problem solving with team to analyze issues and opportunities to improve in working model, and align on path forward for action
- Energetic and skilled at engaging with different team members with different personalities
- Ability to learn quickly and teach others by showing what worked and what didn’t
- Communicating in plain and articulated fashion to describe different ways of working