Senior Agile CoachAgile, Information Technology Job ID 2023-12781 Primary Location: Johnston, Rhode Island 04/07/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Senior Agile Coach/Agile Coach is a dynamic leader who has strong and relevant Agile experience. They are passionate about helping teams, programs, portfolio and leaders deliver business agility and better business outcomes. They promote the Agile mindset and act as an effective change agent across the organization. This is to improve the effectiveness of business and development efforts by facilitating improved Agile adoption and maturity across the enterprise.
Works to help transform an entire portfolio by observing, evaluating, and implementing changes in partnership with portfolio leaders to solve organizational and cultural impediments.
Applies knowledge of common Agile and technical practices. Uses creativity and critical thinking skills to develop emerging practices that best optimize the company’s IT management system and help the portfolio stay connected to enterprise strategy.
Develops strategies in partnership with portfolio leaders to design and enable the Agile transformation of a program or a portfolio. Also, implements practices for visions, roadmaps, OKRs and work hierarchy across the enterprise that connects portfolio, planning and execution
Practices servant leadership focusing on the needs of those they serve, with the goal of achieving results in line with the organization’s values, principles, and business objectives.
Recognizes every individual, team, and organization is unique and seeks to develop a structure and change approach that is optimized for each situation.
Promotes a continuous learning culture in the role of mentor, teacher, trainer or coach to leaders, teams, product owners, chapter leads, scrum masters and others. Develops a Lean-Agile mindset in others, empowers teams to deliver business value early and often, and builds Agility at scale. Works with staff managers to improve collaboration and leadership capabilities of specific individuals to meet expectations.
Helps teams manage and optimize the flow of value across multiple teams, agile release trains and portfolios using various Agile frameworks, tools, and information radiators.
Develops and implements ideas based upon experience scaling multi team products, programs and or projects. Identifies and leads significant innovations across the organization to improve overall learning and effectiveness.
Collaborates with other coaches on developing, aligning, and maintaining standards, performance metrics, tools, and best practices at the team, ART, program, and portfolio levels. This includes pragmatic kanbans, working agreements, definitions of done, and definitions of ready, etc. Drives definition, prioritization, and implementation of improvement opportunities at multiple layers of organization.
Participates in and promotes communities of practice. Shares knowledge and experience with the Agile Chapter through presentations, discussions, and activities. Supports the Agile Chapter to assess and mature the capabilities of the organization.
- Over 3 years of combined experience working in complex Lean-Agile environment supporting multiple teams and dependencies in an enterprise organization using Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- Over 3 years of experience as an Agile Coach or SCRUM Master working across a broad community of leadership, management, team, coach, centers of excellence, and business stakeholders.
- Over 3 years of experience working in scaling Agile environment using SAFe or similar frameworks
- Experience designing and implementing PI planning events, ARTs, Lean Portfolio Management, Shared Services or similar events.
- Experience designing and establishing teams and ARTs.
- Experience working with Agile tools e.g. Jira, Rally, ADO, VersionOne, etc.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in Lean & Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Detailed understanding of one or more scaled agile frameworks – e.g. SAFe, LeSS, Scrum@Scale, etc.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills. Ability to facilitate teams through tough conversations and maintain a positive and encouraging team environment.
- Able to influence as well as tactfully challenge assumptions and decisions at any level of the organization.
- Able to challenge and remove team, organizational and/or cultural impediments promoting and supporting change that increases the Scrum teams’ efficiency.
- Able to identify and resolve conflicts within the team, ART, and Journey before they become an issue.
- Agile champion, promoter, and easy to work with coach.
- Able to create, teach and help teams maintain Agile practices from story writing to PI planning and performance metrics like Velocity, Lead/Cycle Time, Technical Debt, Automation, etc. Able to create training content and facilitate training classes.
- Able to influence, teach and help leaders, portfolios and programs maintain Lean/Agile practices. Examples include servant leadership, Lean Portfolio Management, prioritization, organizing around value and creating a culture of relentless improvement.
- Passionate about change and continuous improvement; willing to challenge status quo
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science would be a plus
- One or more Agile certifications e.g. SPC, LPM, CSM, CSPO, CSP, PSM, PSPO, SSM, SA or similar
The hiring range for this position is $104,000 to $170,900. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with FM Global in the U.S. and a condition of FM Global office entry in Canada. Further, all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing onsite for open positions, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center