Digital Marketing Communications Consultant
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
As a senior communications consultant within a busy marketing department, this individual assists with the strategic development and dissemination of marketing communications that support the FM Global brand.
- Identifies and develops content that furthers FM Global’s business objectives by collaborating with the creative team (e.g., editorial and design) and other marketing stakeholders (e.g., public relations, social media, advertising, market research, enterprise learning, etc.)
- Develops strategic marketing communications campaigns and supporting marketing collateral for various objectives and initiatives; measures and reports on business impact
- Plans and produces digital content, such as video and podcasts, with the multimedia group
- Consults with senior leadership to have an understanding and knowledge of major changes and/or new initiatives affecting employees and clients
- Provides strategic consultative services to business units as needed
- Plans, writes, and produces various employee communications
- Develops targeted content for segmented audiences and utilizes email marketing tools for outreach; analyzes and interprets analytics
- Applies innovative thinking and creativity to marketing communications projects; pushes boundaries to achieve goals
- Ensures that communications are aligned with corporate objectives and that the brand message is consistent with the corporate application
- Reports to the manager of employee and external communications
Qualifications - External:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or English
- 7-10 years’ marketing communications experience in a corporate or agency environment
- Exceptional creativity, writing/editing skills, preferably in the area of digital communications
- Provable experience in the development of marketing communications strategies that support business objectives; demonstrated ability to plan, execute, measure and interpret analytics
- Strong interviewing/reporting skills; ability to gather complex information from people at all levels in the organization and make it relevant to target audiences
- Strong business acumen with the ability to interface with C-suite level of organization
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving and project-management skills (ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously a must)
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Results-driven; ability to work interdependently and adhere to strict deadlines (understanding of deadline-driven work is a must)
- Provable knowledge and understanding of a wide array of media, including online, digital, social, video, podcast, print and their strategic convergence in support of business objectives
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite of products; advanced Word, intermediate PowerPoint and basic Excel knowledge
- Internal and external communications experience required
- Email marketing experience preferred
- InCopy experience (Adobe product) preferred
- Knowledge of insurance/financial services industry a plus