Senior Cyber Security EngineerInformation Services - Information Security, Engineering - Other, Information Technology Job ID 2021-11188 Primary Location: Johnston, Rhode Island 09/23/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This position is open to candidates seeking remote opportunities that are open to travel to Headquarters located in Johnston, RI on a quarterly or monthly basis dependent on business needs.
FM Global is continuing to invest in cyber security and the Cyber Threat Operations and Engineering team is growing. We are looking for an experienced and dedicated senior level cyber professional to complement our existing team. In this role, the right candidate will lead efforts to improve existing controls or implement and support enterprise adoption of new security technologies.
This is a key role on the team which is responsible for the implementation, operation, maintenance, and growth of technology solutions intended to mitigate cyber security threats. These solutions range from network security technologies like firewalls, URL filters, intrusion detection/prevention systems, advanced threat prevention technologies, and web application firewalls to server and endpoint solutions such as filesystem monitoring, filesystem encryption, vulnerability management and malware detection/prevention agents. This team is also responsible for ensuring that documented standards and processes for all exist and are consistently followed.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a cyber security related discipline.
- Comprehensive understanding of at least one security, technical, or risk discipline.
- Experience working with vendors and resellers, handling vendor/reseller relationships, and bringing available resources to bear to solve problems or realize opportunities.
- Experience managing/leading projects and ability to produce any necessary artifacts.
- Experience with one or more of the following is preferred:, McAfee, Cylance, , Symantec, Varonis, Tenable, Rapid7, Qualys, Veracode, Vormetric, WhiteHat, Prisma Cloud, Orca, Digital Guardian, Azure Information Protection, DLP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security / Assurance, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience or technical training with a non-related degree.
- Related certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, CCSP, GCED, GDAT, GDSA, GWAPT a plus.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center