Senior Development DBA
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
We have an outstanding opportunity for a qualified candidate who can be successful in a servant leader type role for database-related development and administration on Agile teams. He or she will collaborate on multiple journeys with agile team members, including software engineers, full stack developers, architects, product owners, analysts and testers. Teams will design, develop and implement multi-tiered enterprise solutions that are feature rich, performant, and maintain a high degree of automated tests in a CICD environment.
The successful candidate will be chosen based on experience and proficiency in the following areas:
- Agile development in a DevOps environment, specifically in areas of standardization and automation of database-related processes. Experience with organizations as they transformed from a traditional SDLC development methodology to an Agile methodology is a plus.
- Building application and database solutions in a primarily Microsoft environment. This includes a thorough understanding of SQL Server. Knowledge of and expertise with other database platforms, particularly Oracle is a plus.
- Designing and developing transactional, dimensional and hybrid forms of database solutions.
- Complex system integrations using various ETL tools.
- Performance monitoring, reporting and tuning. Experience developing and integrating performance metric tools is a plus.
- Application and database-related security.
- Strong communication skills: oral presentations, writing, negotiation, active listening, influence positive team dynamics.
- Strong understanding of past, current, and future technology trends.
- Experience mentoring and developing technical team members.
Qualifications - External:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in application/database development/
- Minimum of five years application/database development experience in support of development teams.