Senior IT Purchasing & Contracts Specialist
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
This position serves as a lead purchasing specialist and is responsible for the acquisition of Information Technology and the management of contracts and agreements related to hardware and software for FM Global employees. This position focuses on the content of contracts, financials, and negotiations associated with the acquisition and renewal of I.T. assets and maintenance contracts. The incumbent is also responsible supporting and enhancing internal purchasing processes, as well as vendor management. Additionally, the incumbent mentors and provides guidance to the Specialist level position within the group. This is the highest level in the Purchasing and Contracts Administration job family.
Qualifications - External:
Associates degree or higher preferred with some form of financial concentration such as Accounting or Business Finance., or a High School diploma with equivalent work experience required.
Experience: 3+ years in Information Technology or Purchasing position.
- Possesses an excellent understanding of current technological environments and the component technologies.
- Has sound knowledge of business contracts; is proficient in information technology hardware/software support and maintenance agreements and terminology;
- Possesses a good understanding of business objectives and is able to make suggestions to the business regarding IT purchases that will support their objectives.
- Possesses a detailed understanding of purchasing and AP processes and budget/actual reporting
- Has experience managing the RFP / RFI process
- Experience with Microsoft contracts a plus
- Possesses strong negotiating skills
- Possesses solid skills in accounting principals and financial analysis to assess discount levels, depreciation, lease vs. buy decisions, and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel for tracking and analyzing financial information.
- Exhibits good problem solving skills; remains controlled in a crisis situation.
Ability to stay abreast of the current technology environment and future technology trends and uses that knowledge as a basis for making purchasing recommendations.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently or on a team.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communications skills and is able to communicate effectively and professionally with business users and internal departments at all levels of management
- Ability to lead projects and/or project teams.