Senior Scrum Master
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Senior Scrum Master is a servant-leader responsible for coordinating Agile development across two or more teams as well as scaling across multiple teams at the Product, Portfolio and Program levels. They are tasked with promoting and supporting Scrum framework theory, practices, rules, and values. They coach and mentor teams and other Scrum Masters in lean-Agile mindset and practices, empowering the teams to deliver business value early and often.
Responsibilities - External:
On an organizational level, the Senior Scrum Master promotes an Agile mindset; supports the Agile Chapter in Agile adoption and implementation; helps team members and stakeholders understand and enact empirical product development; challenges and removes team, organizational and/or cultural impediments; promotes and supports change that increases productivity across product teams increasing the effectiveness of Agile transformation in the organization.
- Practices servant leadership focusing on the needs of the team and those they serve, with the goal of achieving results in line with the organization’s values, principles, and business objectives
- Acts as mentor to development teams, Product Owners and other Scrum Masters helping them to develop an Agile mindset, business value, and Agile at Scale; and cross-team/product/program/portfolio coordination
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, refinements, Scrum of Scrum, and other Scrum-related events as needed
- Helps in planning, organizing, and facilitating Agile Release planning meetings at the team level, as well as, Agile Big Room/PI planning meetings for multiple teams at the program and portfolio levels
- Supports and coordinates scaling of Scrum across multiple teams, and suggests helpful ways to refine practices and adopt consistency across the organization
- Organizes and facilitates interactions between Agile and non-Agile teams to deliver value to their stakeholders
- Helps teams manage and optimize the flow of value across multiple teams using various Agile frameworks, tools, and information radiators
- Collaborates with the Scrum team on developing and maintaining team standards, performance metrics, tools, and best practices, including working agreements, definition of done, and definition of ready
- Promotes a Community of Practice between Scrum Masters by freely sharing knowledge and giving/receiving feedback
Qualifications - External:
- 5 plus years of combined experience working in a complex Agile environment, with multiple teams and dependencies, in an enterprise organization
- 2 plus years of experience as Chief Scrum Master or Release Train Engineer (or similar role) in an Agile at Scale environment using SAFe, S@S or similar frameworks
- Deep knowledge and expertise in Lean and Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Thorough understanding of one or more Agile at Scale frameworks – e.g. SAFe, LeSS, S@S, etc.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills: ability to facilitate teams through tough conversations and maintain a positive and supportive team environment
- Able to challenge and remove team, organizational and/or cultural impediments, thereby promoting and supporting change that increases the Scrum teams’ productivity
- Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue – strong facilitator
- Agile champion, promoter, protector, and team coach
- Able to create, teach and maintain Agile performance metrics like Velocity, Lead/Cycle Time, Technical Debt, Automation, etc.