Senior Software Engineer (.NET/React)
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We currently have an opening for a .NET Software Engineer with specific experience using React.
- Designs, develops, maintains, enhances, and supports web based multi-tiered business applications.
- Individuals holding this position are typically senior members of a product team mentoring junior team members, as well as working independently as a member of the team. They are expected to lead their team when needed. Incumbents should have a thorough understanding of modern technology landscape.
- This individual will also participate in Agile practices employed in the team.
- This individual will communicate with colleagues and other stakeholders to analyze complex business requirements and processes, assess available technologies, determine infrastructure, and recommend solution options.
- Incumbents will design and build application solutions which may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies, and tools. Incumbent will participate in and help drive forward test automation effort as defined by the team.
- Object-oriented design, development, and implementation of business applications in current computing architectures.
- .NET or .NET Core using C#.
- Graph QL
- HTML, CSS, SASS
- REST APIs and Architectures
- Entity Framework
- Test Automation patterns and tools such as Specflow and Cypress
- Azure DevOps
- Messaging, Service Bus and Application integration patterns
- OWASP Top 10
- OAuth, OpenIDConnect, JWT
- Knowledge of Azure functions, event grids, and service bus is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related subject area; or equivalent work experience and training. Advanced degree and certification are desirable.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.