Senior Software Engineer
Johnston, Rhode Island
We connect people, processes and technologies. We enable strategy, empower business, and create value for clients, partners and employees. That's what makes Technology at FM Global so exciting. We build resilience and security into all aspects of our technology infrastructure which is the cornerstone from which all other services are provided.
What makes a successful Consultant Engineer at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
NATURE IS NOT PREDICTABLE. OUR TECHNOLOGY NEEDS TO BE.
For our 1,800 engineers helping protect our clients' businesses against potential disaster, the ability to reliably transact business from anywhere in the world is critical. That's what makes designing IT systems at FM Global so exciting. My colleagues and I build innovative mobile solutions that ensure critical loss prevention information is never more than a click away. This commitment to protecting our clients' businesses from loss through advanced technology solutions is why I choose to work at FM Global.George — Information Technology Manager — Employee Since 1995
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Design, develop, maintain and enhance multi-tiered, client/server business applications. These multi-tiered client/server business applications may be transactional or analytical in nature. Design and build state of the art business applications and prepare technical specification based on evaluation of business specification for complex business requirements. Adheres to FM Global architectural principles and standards for software development, data and security. Collaborate with business staff, IT colleagues and other stakeholders to evaluate defined complex business requirements and processes, assess available technologies, determine infrastructure and recommend solution options. Design and build application solutions which may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study, and 5 years of IT/Software Engineering experience in object oriented business application design and development in a complex client server environment.
- Experience specified must include 5 years of experience with each of the following: computer program system design for line of business applications; designing and developing transactional business applications using C# and .Net framework; web services including data contract design and implementation, using SOAP, WCF or RESTful implementations; and SQL Database design and development.
- Experience specified must also include 2 years of experience with leading/directing a team of developers to design and implement complex business critical software systems.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Work Location: 270 Central Ave., Johnston, RI 02919
Apply at: To apply visit http://www.fmglobal.com/careers, Job ID# 2022-11502