Senior Solution Architect - DevSecopsInformation Services - Information Security, Information Technology Job ID 2023-12767 Primary Location: Johnston, Rhode Island 01/18/2023
More information about this job:
This a remote position with required quarterly travel to headquarters located in Johnston, RI based on business needs. Must be willing to work EST hours.
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for driving the technical solutions of the platform and leading the technical delivery of infrastructure and product teams. This role requires a deep understanding of modern infrastructure and application architectures to ensure the proposed solutions are well-architected, scalable, secure, high quality, extensible, maintainable, and performant. The Solution Architect must ensure that products integrate into the overall platform technical landscape and adhere to the Enterprise Architecture standards and patterns while meeting the needs of near and long-term team member development velocity.
The Senior Solution Architect collaborates with the Senior Product Owner of the Platform, Enterprise Architecture, and Solution Architects to prioritize and decompose Enterprise Architectural guidance into practical team tasks. This role is responsible for evangelizing standard processes, identifying improvement opportunities, and providing advice, mentorship, and guidance to ensure successful implementations that drive Platform Scalability and operational readiness.
Specifically, the Senior Solution Architect will:
- Work closely with Senior Technical Product Delivery teams to influence Platform Design and create scalable, performant solutions.
- Collaborate with the Platform Senior Product Owner to define the business value of technical work and feature creation and develop a comprehensive long-term roadmap.
- Ensure industry-accepted principles of Enterprise Architecture are integrated into the enterprise, and well-planned rollout strategies are adopted. By providing the organization with a roadmap of the Platform architecture for future-state decisions.
- Focuses on standard processes related to scalability, code quality control, accessibility, observability, testing, and monitoring of Cloud Platforms.
- Mentor delivery properly using patterns, measurements, logging, and other associated metadata related to observability. Periodically review progress to ensure alignment with established corporate guardrails.
- This role will require flexibility to work outside of normal business hours dependent on business needs as needs arise.
5+ years of experience in software engineering, cloud computing, and/or DevOps.
- Expertise in Azure Cloud technologies, including Azure DevOps, Azure Resource Manager, Azure Active Directory, and/or Azure Security Center.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with identity and access management (IAM) solutions, such as Azure AD, Azure AD B2C, and Azure AD Connect.
- Knowledge of security best practices and secure coding principles, such as OWASP Top 10, NIST 800-53, and ISO 27001.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automation tools such as Azure Pipelines, GitHub Actions, Ansible, and Chef.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex technical issues.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Additional Experience that is nice to have:
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, and Bash.
- Knowledge of security best practices and experience with security tools such as Azure Security Center, Azure Key Vault, and Azure Sentinel.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code () tools such as Terraform and ARM templates.
- Certified Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA, CKAD, CKS)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent work experience and training.
- Advanced degrees and certifications are desirable.
The salary range for this position is $126,800 to $182,300. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center