Senior UX Designer
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
FM Global is embarking on a transformation to redefine how we deliver products to market. This transformation will use Agile principles as a way to improve our performance and better serve the needs of our clients. By moving to Agile, we are creating an even more responsive, client-centric organization, enabling us to deliver our products more efficiently.
Responsibilities - External:
As a Sr. UX Designer, you will lead/support the execution of design across a set of journeys and products. This role acts as a senior individual contributor. You are an expert in design processes and methodologies ranging from concept development to launch. You must be adept at conducting initial user research, driving solution visions based on business and user insights, designing desirable and efficient multi-channel experiences, developing wireframes and visual designs to deliver the solution, ensuring the appropriate content strategy and copy, and iteratively usability testing the solution. You will be able to personally execute work throughout the design process and guide the work of junior practitioners. You must be a strong collaborator, able to effectively coach other designers, partner with other functional leads and influence stakeholders to build consensus. You will act as a thought leader and advocate for design thinking.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to help shape the Design capabilities of a market leading organization by developing effective processes that ensures success. You will be an embedded team member on a cross-functional team that works closely, collaboratively, and cooperatively with one another to achieve our common goals. Your work will showcase the impact design thinking makes in an environment where design and user experience is represented and defended.
Qualifications - External:
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Design (graphic design, interaction design, industrial design), Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Cognitive Science, Cultural Anthropology, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 years of experience with design strategy, design research, experience design and visual design, ideally in either a consultancy or large enterprise.
- 1-2 years experience leading or supporting design teams of 1-5 people or larger and proven ability to drive a great solution while promoting team health.
- Previous experience working in a B2B environment designing technically complex products for internal and external audiences in an agile / lean environment.
- Portfolio of work showcasing experience of delivering an end-to-end design process from initial research through UX design to visual design with examples of key deliverables at each stage.
- Financial services & data visualization experience.
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders across an organization to influence decisions based on user-centric design priorities
- Significant experience working with cross-functional teams, collaborating with Product Owners, Designers, Technologists, and Subject Matter Experts to influence decisions based on user-centric design priorities. Capable of acting as the only designer on the team.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Occasional business travel is required both domestically and internationally.