Server Specialist Co-opApply Now Job ID 2020-9575 Date posted 03/19/2020
Overview - External
As a FM Global Server Specialist, you will be a member of the Infrastructure Operations and Support Team. The team’s focus is a responsive approach to delivering proactive support and effective resolution services to ensure the success of FM Global’s business operations.
Assignments are typically 6 months in duration and full-time. Other alternatives can be considered. Many of FM Global’s co-ops end up as highly-valued employees after graduation.
The expected results of the Infrastructure Operations team are to partner with the Infrastructure Server Engineering team to enhance the services provided. Specifically:
- Provide focused support visibility across the server infrastructure
- Enhance the responsiveness & efficiency of incident resolution and problem management
- Execute processes that ensure system availability & compliance
- Proactively employ the use of monitoring and infrastructure metrics
- Participate in Server Builds, deployments and troubleshooting
This team is responsible for managing the Wintel Server Infrastructure. The team oversees and performs complex day to day operation of server infrastructure technologies including Operating Systems, MS Active directory, and supporting tools and products. Daily, you could be exposed to working in the following areas:
- Incident/Problem Resolution
- Server Builds/Imaging (Physical/Virtual)
- Server Virtualization Software (VMWare) maintenance
- File Services (configuration, utilization/capacity)
- Server Monitoring/Alerting Software
Successful candidates should be prepared to show that they are:
- Enrolled in a Computer Science, IT or MIS degree program
- Familiarity and experience using Windows server operating systems.
- Basic understanding of core server technologies, such as TCP/IP networking, database functions, Windows Endpoint OS (10,8,7), Windows servers and computer hardware.
- Experienced with VMware Server Virtualization Software
- Have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Organized, detail oriented and analytical
- Able to generate creative ideas to solve problems and improve work methods
- Able to demonstrate high personal work standards and a sense of urgency about results
- Able to learn quickly on the job
- Strong team players that can work independently when needed and have a solid understanding of basic concepts in at least one technology discipline (i.e.: Networking, Systems Administration, End-User Support, Development etc.Assignments are typically 6 months in duration and full-time. Other alternatives can be considered. Many of FM Global’s co-ops end up as highly-valued employees after graduation.*FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
- Experience with Cisco products, PowerShell/VBA or other programming languages as well as A+, Network+, Server +, or any MCP certification is beneficial but not required.
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.