Software Engineer - Claims (Multiple Levels)
Johnston, Rhode Island
We connect people, processes and technologies. We enable strategy, empower business, and create value for clients, partners and employees. That's what makes Technology at FM Global so exciting. We build resilience and security into all aspects of our technology infrastructure which is the cornerstone from which all other services are provided.
What makes a successful Consultant Engineer at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
NATURE IS NOT PREDICTABLE. OUR TECHNOLOGY NEEDS TO BE.
For our 1,800 engineers helping protect our clients' businesses against potential disaster, the ability to reliably transact business from anywhere in the world is critical. That's what makes designing IT systems at FM Global so exciting. My colleagues and I build innovative mobile solutions that ensure critical loss prevention information is never more than a click away. This commitment to protecting our clients' businesses from loss through advanced technology solutions is why I choose to work at FM Global.George — Information Technology Manager — Employee Since 1995
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Join an agile development team at FM Global that designs, builds, and implements state of the art applications that enable our multi-billion-dollar business. These teams expertly design and develop applications and services that provide critical data from our transactional systems to drive business processes throughout the company and for our customers.
As Software Engineer you bring:
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to delivery.
- Superb communication skills and a desire to collaborate openly within a fast-moving team.
- A deep desire to learn and apply technology in a pragmatic way to create client value.
- Experience designing and building systems that are maintainable, evolvable, and highly tested.
- You will emphasize partnership and servant leadership within your team and the organization.
- You will collaborate with your team members to design and implement multi-tiered enterprise solutions that are feature rich, performant, and maintain a high degree of test automation.
- You will actively participate and contribute to technical discussions and code reviews.
- You will work to enhance your skills and capabilities and those of other developers within your agile chapter through experimentation, training, and knowledge sharing.
- 3+ years of in-depth experience in object-oriented business application design and development in a multi-tiered environment.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate:
Proficiency with Java, C#, .NET, data structures, basic algorithms, and applying object-oriented principles and design patterns.
- Proficiency with development tools such as Visual Studio and Git.
- Proficiency with relational databases design and query construction and optimization (SQL Server preferred).
- Proficiency with implementing unit and integration tests with , , MS Test, Selenium or similar.
- Experience developing database stored procedures using T/SQL or PL-SQL.
- Experience with Object-Relational tools such as Entity Framework, EF Core, Dapper, or NHibernate.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with agile methodologies and frameworks
- Ability to effectively participate in peer code reviews and pull requests, both as the reviewer and the reviewee.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies, tools, and implementation patterns
- Self-motivated to know the latest in development technologies, tools, and implementation patterns and a desire to share this knowledge within teams and the broader organization.
- Experience supporting Sapiens IDIT software a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related subject area.
Advanced degree and certification are desirable!
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.