Software Engineer - Full Stack .NET / React (Multiple Levels)
Johnston, Rhode Island
We connect people, processes and technologies. We enable strategy, empower business, and create value for clients, partners and employees. That's what makes Technology at FM Global so exciting. We build resilience and security into all aspects of our technology infrastructure which is the cornerstone from which all other services are provided.
What makes a successful Consultant Engineer at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
NATURE IS NOT PREDICTABLE. OUR TECHNOLOGY NEEDS TO BE.
For our 1,800 engineers helping protect our clients' businesses against potential disaster, the ability to reliably transact business from anywhere in the world is critical. That's what makes designing IT systems at FM Global so exciting. My colleagues and I build innovative mobile solutions that ensure critical loss prevention information is never more than a click away. This commitment to protecting our clients' businesses from loss through advanced technology solutions is why I choose to work at FM Global.George — Information Technology Manager — Employee Since 1995
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We currently have an opening for a Full Stack .NET Engineer with experience in React. The incumbent will have experience in writing C# code, business logic , APIs and SQL knowledge.
As a Software Engineer - Full Stack React you bring:
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to delivery.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate openly within a fast-moving team.
- A deep desire to learn and apply technology in a pragmatic way to create client value.
- Experience designing and building systems that are maintainable, evolvable, and highly tested.
- Design and build state of the art business applications and prepare technical specifications based on evaluation of business specifications for complex business requirements.
- Collaborate with team members to design and implement multi-tiered enterprise solutions that are feature-rich, performant, and maintain a high degree of test automation.
- Actively participate and contribute to technical discussions and code reviews.
- Work to enhance your skills and capabilities and those of other developers within your Agile chapter through experimentation, training, and knowledge transfer.
- Identify, triage and solve complex issues and problems in timely and efficient manner.
- Over +5 years of in-depth experience in object-oriented business application design and development in a multi-tiered environment including at least one year in a development leadership capacity.
- Experience in all phases of SDLC like Requirement Analysis, Implementation and Maintenance, and extensive experience with Agile and SCRUM.
- In-depth experience in object-oriented business application design and development in a multi-tiered environment.
- Strong proficiency with C#, .NET, data structures, basic algorithms, and applying object-oriented principles and design patterns.
- Self-motivated to stay ahead of development technologies, tools, and implementation patterns and a desire to share this knowledge within teams and the broader organization.
- Very strong experience using React.JS.
- Expertise in creating Custom Reusable React Components Library.
- Experience in working with Node.js and NPM modules.
- Experience in designing and implementing efficient RESTful APIs.
- Experience in Unit Testing frameworks like JEST, CYPRESS, NUnit, Selenium or similar.
- Experience in Version Control tools like GIT and IDE like VSCode, Visual Studio.
- Experience developing database stored procedures using T/SQL
Additional Skills not required but preferred:
- Experience with Agile methodologies and frameworks
- Knowledge of GraphQL api.
- Knowledge of Azure functions, event grids, and service bus is a plus.
- Experience integrating automation test code into CI/CD pipeline processes.
- Experience with authentication within REST-based services using OAuth or OpenID Connect
- Experience with fine grained authorization within REST-based services
- Experience with event driven architecture
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related subject area; or equivalent work experience and training. Advanced degree and certification are desirable.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.