Software Engineer (Multiple Levels)Information Services - Software Engineer, Engineering, Engineering - Other, Information Technology Job ID 2022-12459 Primary Location: Johnston, Rhode Island 10/06/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This position is open to candidates seeking remote opportunities. Candidate must be open to quarterly or monthly travel to headquarters located in Johnston, RI dependent on business needs.
We are hiring a Software Engineer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for somebody who would like to enhance their current skills and learn new technologies.
As a Software Engineer you will emphasize partnership and servant leadership within your team and the organization. You will collaborate with your team members to design and implement multi-tiered enterprise solutions that are feature rich, performant, and maintain a high degree of test automation.
You will actively participate and contribute to technical discussions and code reviews. You will work to enhance your skills and capabilities as well as those of other developers within your agile chapter through experimentation, training, and knowledge sharing.
You will bring…
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to delivery.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate openly within a fast-moving team.
- A deep desire to learn and apply technology in a pragmatic way to create client value.
- Experience designing and building systems that are maintainable, evolvable, and highly tested.
- Ability to effectively participate in peer code reviews and pull requests, both as the reviewer and the reviewee.
- The desire and initiative to know the latest in development technologies, tools, and implementation patterns to share this knowledge within teams and the broader organization.
2+ years’ in-depth experience in object-oriented business application design and development in a multi-tiered environment.
Commercial insurance knowledge is preferred.
Leadership experience mentoring/coaching junior developers is a plus!
- Experience with C#, .NET, data structures, basic algorithms, and applying object-oriented principles and design patterns.
- Proficiency with development tools such as Visual Studio and Git.
- Strong Proficiency with relational databases design and query construction and optimization (SQL Server preferred).
- Experience developing database stored procedures using T/SQL or PL-SQL.
- Experience building Web applications with technologies such as Angular, React, or ASP.NET.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with Object-Relational tools such as Entity Framework, EF Core, Dapper, or NHibernate.
- Experience implementing unit and integration tests with NUnit, xUnit, MS Test, Selenium or similar.
- Experience building Desktop applications with technologies such as WPF, UWP, or Windows Forms.
- Strong understanding of architectural principles of software development, data modelling, and security.
- Experience with agile methodologies and frameworks
- Experience with advanced SQL topics such as CTE, Change Data Capture, and Temporal Tables
- Experience with authentication within REST based services using OAuth or OpenID Connect
- Experience with fine grained authorization within REST based services
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Experience with Azure, specifically service bus or event grid
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline. Advanced degree and certification are desirable.
We are considering multiple level candidates for this role. The salary range for this position is $71,500 to $131,300. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center