Software Engineer - Multiple Positions Various Levels
Johnston, Rhode Island
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Engineer at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Flexibility & Achieving Change
- Gets Results
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
Sr. Consultant engineer
employee since 2007
I play a part in building a bright future that can weather any storm.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Depending on your role, we offer a company vehicle to suit your traveling needs.
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We currently have multiple openings for .Net Software Engineers to fill roles on our Agile Product Teams. We have opportunities for talented individuals with all levels of experience and offer training and mentorship opportunities to ensure your skills will continue to evolve.
All of our roles are responsible for collaborating within an agile team, with a product owner, and solution architect to design and implement multi-tiered web or desktop application solutions that are feature rich, performant, and incorporate a high level of automated tests. The candidate will operate within a dynamic team setting that relies on teamwork and individual contribution. Individuals will be expected to take on a variety of technical tasks and complete them successfully.
- 3+ Years’ experience designing, developing, implementing technology solutions, advanced positions require additional experienceExperience developing solutions with and a strong command of the C# languageExperience developing transactional database solutions and a strong command of SQLExperience developing solutions using at least one of the following: Angular, MVC or WPF
- Experience with .NET Framework
- Experience with source control tools, ideally GIT
- Ability to effectively participate in peer code reviews, both as the reviewer and the reviewee\Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Strong commitment to delivering
- Self-motivated to stay current in development technologies, tools, and approaches and a desire to share this knowledge within teams and the broader organization.
Not required but preferred:
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Experience developing unit tests and integration test, Selenium, NUnit, xUnit, MS Test or similar tools.
- Experience developing solutions using at least one of the following: Entity Framework, Dapper, or NHibernate
- Experience developing REST based services
- Experience with authentication within REST based services using OAuth or OpenID Connect
- Experience with fine grained authorization within REST based services
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Experience with Azure, specifically service bus or event grid
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent work experience and training. Advanced degree and certification are desirable.