Software Engineer Data AnalyticsData Analytics, Engineering, Engineering - Other, Information Services - Software Engineer, Information Technology Job ID 2022-12101 Primary Location: Johnston, Rhode Island 09/23/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
As a computational engineer, you will be a member of our Advanced Analytics team that focuses on translating business needs into analytics, interpretation of analytics into business applications, advanced technologies, and artificial intelligence solutions. You will play a key role in developing these solutions by working with data scientists to define the requirements, develop the mathematical models, and deploy and support them.
This role will work with project teams as an individual contributor to design, prototype, implement, and test mathematical models in support of the Data Analytics Department. The Computational Engineer will help translate business requirements into a conceptual solution and translate that conceptual solution into physical design.
This role will be part of an innovative and diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals. You will work alongside multiple departments including operations, innovation, strategy and business enablement, underwriting, and engineering. Through constant learning, innovation, discovery, and collaboration this role will not only help FM Global deliver on the promise of loss prevention, but you will also grow your career and the scope of your impact across the company.
Projects will be interesting, exciting, and challenging. You will use your skills to advance the mission and goals of FM Global.
Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Information Management, Mathematics, or a related field
- Minimum five years of post-graduate experience as a software developer/engineer
- Experience in software development life cycle
- Advanced programming skills with modern languages including but not limited to R and Python
- Advanced knowledge of and expertise in MS Azure ML
- Experience in ML model development, orchestration, deployment, monitoring, & support
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Research oriented with the ability to adapt existing methods and techniques to the problems at hand, and turn them into well architected code
- Experience with deploying code using various libraries and frameworks
- Experience in containerization and orchestration
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire and ability to work well with others in a team environment and across subject areas
- Understanding of and experience in Agile development process is strongly preferred
- General business knowledge related to risk management and/or insurance is a plus!
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, as relevant for certain roles - flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center