Software Engineering Manager Chapter LeadAgile, Engineering, Engineering - Other, Information Services - Software Engineer, Information Technology Job ID 2021-10786 Johnston, Rhode Island 04/06/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Software Engineering Manager Chapter Lead guides technology adoption across product teams, builds, and maximizes the capabilities and skills within the chapter, manages and supports chapter members (employees and contingent labor). The Software Engineering Manager Chapter Lead is responsible for the development and growth of their chapter members and building of competencies. They are responsible for team composition optimization, for reviewing priorities and assessing resource and/or backlog redirection, for metrics associated with talent evolution, and for all other administrative responsibilities within the Chapter.
The Software Engineering Manager Chapter Lead is a technologist who identifies relevant technology trends and tools that could improve skillsets and overall technology product delivery. The Software Engineering Manager Chapter Lead acts as practice leader who is hands-on, contributes directly to the success of the team, acquires domain knowledge, engages with solution architects, and product owners as a technical SME to ensure alignment of strategic direction for the technology managed within their area.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required. Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Management of Information Systems is a plus.
- 7+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer, Application Developer, or Test Automation Engineer developing software solutions using technology such as C#, .NET, OOPs, Angular/React, Specflow, Selenium, Cypress, Jest.
- 2+ years’ experience managing, coaching, mentoring, and developing a highly motivated technical workforce.
- Experience interviewing, recruiting, hiring, assessing, and retaining technical personnel.
- Solid understanding of software testing methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of modern software engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills.
- Experience working with architects and product owners to understand capacity and demands and optimizing these skills on teams.
- Experience encouraging development team members to create a rewarding working environment in which they are driven and motivated to have a real impact within their respected product teams.
- Experience creating an environment of learning and continuously improving your skills, development team skills, and your department.
- Experience in evaluating technologies, running effective technology proof of concepts, and coordinating technology vendor relationships.
- Experience working on cross-functional initiatives and products that cover several organizations, business units or countries.
- Experience in fast-paced Agile environments is a plus.
- Recognized servant leader
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center