Solution Architect/Application Architect (Multiple Positions and Levels)
Johnston, Rhode Island
We connect people, processes and technologies. We enable strategy, empower business, and create value for clients, partners and employees. That's what makes Technology at FM Global so exciting. We build resilience and security into all aspects of our technology infrastructure which is the cornerstone from which all other services are provided.
What makes a successful Information Technology employee at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
NATURE IS NOT PREDICTABLE. OUR TECHNOLOGY NEEDS TO BE.
For our 1,800 engineers helping protect our clients' businesses against potential disaster, the ability to reliably transact business from anywhere in the world is critical. That's what makes designing IT systems at FM Global so exciting. My colleagues and I build innovative mobile solutions that ensure critical loss prevention information is never more than a click away. This commitment to protecting our clients' businesses from loss through advanced technology solutions is why I choose to work at FM Global.George — Information Technology Manager — Employee Since 1995
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We are currently hiring Solution Architects/Senior Solution Architects to support several exciting new initiatives launching in 2021. Many of these positions will have the opportunity to work with the newest technologies such as Azure or AWS messaging and eventing, APIs, Data Lake, SPAs and more.
The Solution Architect/Senior Solution Architect is the driving force behind the delivery of product level technical solutions. By guiding the selection and implementation of appropriate technologies, the Solution Architect ensures that solutions are secure, accurate, performant, maintainable and aligned with Enterprise Architecture standards and patterns.
The Solution Architect/Senior Solution Architect is the technical partner to one or more Product Owners and is responsible for deeply understanding the prioritized backlog and envisioning how to effectively design and deliver high-value features while reducing technology-related risk and minimizing technical debt.
The Solution Architect/Senior Solution Architect is an experienced system designer who amplifies the capability of teams to effectively deliver solutions. This is done by leading teams to execute on technical delivery commitments including design, implementation, end to end testing, and release to production.
Solution Architects/Senior Solution Architects remain intimately engaged with technical solutions by actively reviewing technical designs and implementations. They are offered the opportunity to continuously develop their skillsets by contributing to the implementation of POCs and product features, as well as through participation in guilds, training, and conferences.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 10+ years of application development experience with large scale business applications in agile or fast-paced development environment
- 5+ years designing, developing, and implementing business applications from business concept through to production
- 3+ years experience leading business application development teams of 5+ team members
- Solid knowledge of .Net development, including experience working on initiatives that included full stack development of multi-tiered distributed systems implemented based on clean architecture patterns, involving complex business domains, either relational or non-relational persistent storage, and web or desktop user interfaces (e.g. Angular or WPF).
- Experience building systems with high security standards. Familiarity with common vulnerabilities and attack vectors and how to prevent them.
- Experience building cloud native applications or migrating applications to the cloud a plus.
- Demonstrable ability to break large architectural and implementation problems into logical smaller solutions.
- Ability to define, maintain, and manage architecture models and artifacts (e.g. current and future state application architecture diagrams, data models, etc.).
- Ability to influence and persuade Product Owners and team members to support proposed architectural changes.
- Ability to mentor team members to improve their understanding of good software design practice and implementation strategy (CICD, test automation etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to tailor message to audience.
- Ability to communicate sophisticated technology concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Able to build consensus and align teams on strategic architectural direction and technical decisions.
- Solid understanding of and ability to communicate objectives and benefits of modern architectural standards, patterns, and practices.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.