Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We are currently hiring Solution Architects to support several exciting new initiatives launching in 2021. Many of these positions will have the opportunity to work with the newest technologies such as Azure or AWS messaging and eventing, APIs, Data Lake, SPAs and more.
The Solution Architect is the driving force behind the delivery of product level technical solutions. By guiding the selection and implementation of appropriate technologies, the Solution Architect ensures that solutions are secure, accurate, performant, maintainable and aligned with Enterprise Architecture standards and patterns.
The Solution Architect is the technical partner to one or more Product Owners and is responsible for deeply understanding the prioritized backlog and envisioning how to effectively design and deliver high-value features while reducing technology-related risk and minimizing technical debt.
The Solution Architect is an experienced system designer who amplifies the capability of teams to effectively deliver solutions. This is done by leading teams to execute on technical delivery commitments including design, implementation, end to end testing, and release to production.
Solution Architects remain intimately engaged with technical solutions by actively reviewing technical designs and implementations. They are offered the opportunity to continuously develop their skillsets by contributing to the implementation of POCs and product features, as well as through participation in guilds, training, and conferences.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 10+ years of application development experience with large scale business applications in agile or fast-paced development environment
- 5+ years designing, developing, and implementing business applications from business concept through to production
- 3+ years experience leading business application development teams of 5+ team members
- Solid knowledge of .Net development, including experience working on initiatives that included full stack development of multi-tiered distributed systems implemented based on clean architecture patterns, involving complex business domains, either relational or non-relational persistent storage, and web or desktop user interfaces (e.g. Angular or WPF).
- Experience building systems with high security standards. Familiarity with common vulnerabilities and attack vectors and how to prevent them.
- Experience building cloud native applications or migrating applications to the cloud a plus.
- Demonstrable ability to break large architectural and implementation problems into logical smaller solutions.
- Ability to define, maintain, and manage architecture models and artifacts (e.g. current and future state application architecture diagrams, data models, etc.).
- Ability to influence and persuade Product Owners and team members to support proposed architectural changes.
- Ability to mentor team members to improve their understanding of good software design practice and implementation strategy (CICD, test automation etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to tailor message to audience.
- Ability to communicate sophisticated technology concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Able to build consensus and align teams on strategic architectural direction and technical decisions.
- Solid understanding of and ability to communicate objectives and benefits of modern architectural standards, patterns, and practices.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.