Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We are undergoing a business technology transformation to improve how we deliver technology solutions to our clients and employees. This transformation includes the formation of several new Solution Architect positions. These positions will report to the Sr. Chapter Lead for Architecture.
Responsibilities - External:
The Solution Architect is a technical leader, partnering with business application Product Owners and working across multiple Agile product development teams to design and implement solution architecture that enables quality, security, and extensibility of highly integrated applications. The Solution Architect is accountable for architectural decisions at the solution level and driving Agile software development practices including continuous integration and delivery, and test automation. The Solution Architect is keen to actively help development teams solve complex challenges and comply with security standards. The Solution Architect plays a key role through collaboration with Enterprise Architects to ensure alignment of solution architecture with enterprise architecture strategies, roadmaps, and principles.
Qualifications - External:
- Education: Bachelor's degree, or similar experience, preferably in an Information Services related discipline. Advanced Degree is desirable.
- 10+ years of application development with enterprise scale business applications in agile or iterative development environments.
- 5+ years of designing, developing, and implementing business solutions from concept through to production.
- 5+ years of leading business application development teams of 10+ team members.
- Experience with Agile development and working with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, development teams, Enterprise Architects, and DevOps.
- Ability to break business concerns into logical deliverables.
- System development and integration patterns and best practices.
- Strong communication skills: oral presentations, writing, negotiation, active listening, influence positive team dynamics. Can tailor message to audience.
- Strong understanding of past, current, and future technology trends.
- Experience mentoring and developing technical team members.
- Experience engaging with end users for requirements and feedback.