SWE 2018 Annual Conference - Full Time Engineers & Internships/Co-opsApply Now Job ID 2018-8048 Date posted 10/09/2018
Overview - External
Please note: This posting is not an indication that there are job openings currently available for your preferred location(s). By applying to this opportunity, you are expressing interestinaConsultant Engineer job should an opening be available.
We are a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External
FM Global has several challenging, full-time, co-op and internship opportunities for Engineers and Information Service professionals and students.
Available opportunities include
- Consultant Engineer (full-time only)
- Software development (full-time and co-op/internships)
- Cyber Security(full-time and co-op/internships)
- Server(full-time and co-op/internships)
- Data Analytics(full-time and co-op/internships)
Qualifications - External
Skills and requirements for Consultant Engineer role:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good analytical, organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Efficient time management ability with minimal supervision
- Solid technical aptitude including diverse knowledge of engineering principles
- Valid driver’s license
- Physical ability to climb ladders, lift >25 lbs., balance, and heights
- Proficient in MS Office products
- You will be expected to work independently and should be willing to operate from a home office.
Skills we are seeking for the software development role:
- Enrolled in Computer Science or related degree program
- Theory and principles of software engineering
- Fluency in high-level programming languages, environments, and tools for computing
- Knowledge of computer operating systems and basic knowledge of networks
- Ability to work effectively in teams and solve problems
Skills we are seeking for the cyber security role:
- Enrolled in a Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology or related degree program
- Have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to generate creative ideas to solve problems and improve work methods
- Strong team players that can work independently when needed and have a solid understanding of basic concepts in at least one technology discipline (i.e.: Networking, Systems Administration, End-User Support, Development etc.
Skills we are seeking in the server specialist role:
- Enrolled in a Computer Science, Information Technology, Network Engineering or related degree program
- Familiarity and experience using Windows server operating systems.
- Basic understanding of core server technologies, such as TCP/IP networking, database functions, Windows Endpoint OS (10,8,7), Windows servers and computer hardware.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, organized, strong problem solver and team player
- Strong understanding of basic concepts in at least one technology discipline (i.e.: Networking, Systems Administration, End-User Support, Development etc.)
Skills we are seeking in the data analytics role:
- Data Literacy; understanding database fundamentals, including SQL
- General knowledge of computer fundamentals, including operating systems and networks
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.