Taxonomy and Ontology Manager - Content and Knowledge Management
Johnston, Rhode Island
We connect people, processes and technologies. We enable strategy, empower business, and create value for clients, partners and employees. That's what makes Technology at FM Global so exciting. We build resilience and security into all aspects of our technology infrastructure which is the cornerstone from which all other services are provided.
What makes a successful Information Technology employee at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
NATURE IS NOT PREDICTABLE. OUR TECHNOLOGY NEEDS TO BE.
For our 1,800 engineers helping protect our clients' businesses against potential disaster, the ability to reliably transact business from anywhere in the world is critical. That's what makes designing IT systems at FM Global so exciting. My colleagues and I build innovative mobile solutions that ensure critical loss prevention information is never more than a click away. This commitment to protecting our clients' businesses from loss through advanced technology solutions is why I choose to work at FM Global.George — Information Technology Manager — Employee Since 1995
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
As part of the taxonomy and ontology management function within the Content Services and Search team, a Taxonomy and Ontology Manager will be responsible for an array of tasks. Including, leading and or engaging with other Content Services or business team members and groups to design and develop an enterprise taxonomy/ontology in support of the organization’s enterprise content and knowledge management strategy. Additionally, identify process and business requirements which may impact or evolve the strategy.
This individual will be helping to develop and deliver taxonomy, information architecture, and content governance plans. They'll be reviewing existing taxonomies, ontologies, and metadata schemas, and lead the development of Enterprise content and knowledge of ontology/taxonomy work items.
- 5+ years of experience in developing content inventories, sophisticated taxonomies and/or ontologies to support a variety of systems both for front-end and back-end use.
- Excellent communicator, able to clearly explain taxonomies, principals and standards, project plans, and multi-functional dependencies with a range of partners.
- Experience with metadata management and evaluating and implementing taxonomies/ontologies to support systems. For example, search systems, content management systems, digital asset management systems, knowledge management systems, or product classification.
- Experience with a variety of topic/domain types and complexity of taxonomies.
- Experience with systems and business analysis.
- Experience building taxonomies for machine learning classification systems a plus!
- Basic technology engineering and analytics skills; and familiarity with SQL, XML, CSV, and/or best in class semantic metadata and ontology management platforms.
4 Year College Degree/Bachelors. Background in Library Science, Information Management or other related fields.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.