Technology Adoption/Communication Specialist
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
The Technology Adoption and Communication Specialist works on a team that provides communication and education targeted towards a global and highly diverse workforce. This position requires a person that is technical, analytical, and has strong written and verbal communication skills to help ensure that the enterprise end-user community understands the value of the technology being offered and can apply it in practical, meaningful, and measurable ways at all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, able to understand complex technical issues, and identify, create and manage end-user adoption of technology that supports transformational changes occurring within the organization. They will recognize impediments in the achievement of end-user needs and business objectives, adjusting communication methods and content rapidly to minimize the impact. The ideal candidate will also develop, interpret, and utilize quantitative and qualitative data to quickly adjust adoption and communication programs, ensuring successful technology rollouts and communication campaigns.
Qualifications - External:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in employee or corporate communications, technology communications preferable. Relevant and successful co-op or internship experience can be substituted for years of experience. Collaboration and cross functional team engagement experience is required
- Adopts readily to changes in technology
- Can explain the use of new technology in context of complex business processes
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency with Microsoft O365 features and products, including, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and Yammer
- Approaches tasks with a strong sense of transparency and collaboration
- Aligns easily to team mission and vision
- Displays excellent writing and presentation skills
- Effectively able to deliver technology training content through various channels to the enterprise end-user community
- Is a highly organized, analytical thinker and problem solver
- Can manage multiple efforts simultaneously while coordinating with cross functional teams
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of end-user roadblocks and superior customer service
- Able to work successfully with limited oversight and supervision while practicing good judgement in providing high levels of transparency to all stakeholders
- Encourages, enables and effectively facilitates group discussions
• Puts processes in place to ensure continuous improvement with our services