Underwriting Compliance Specialist
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
- Perform a compliance and quality review of draft policy terms and conditions as generated by FM Global Client Service Teams for territories where FM Global does not hold an insurance license but rather is facilitating local insurance through a local insurance partner.
- Perform an alignment review of the policy that is issued by the local insurance partner, drafts of the same and Reinsurance Slips to ensure that the documentation supplied matches the intent of the draft documentation sent by FM Global.
- Maintain tracking to monitor and provide feedback to Internal Staff Departments with regard to the quality of draft documents that are generated by Client Service Teams. Provide recommendations to improve quality and overall performance of the same.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Internal Clients by demonstrating a high level of teamwork and co-ordination across multiple teams, providing customer services to internal and external clients, sharing process and territorial knowledge where appropriate and applicable.
- For assigned accounts in non-licensed territories, evaluate transaction challenges, highlight territory requirements and changes, and create an action plan in order to support Internal Operations through the transactional lifecycle of a policy following a defined process flow.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of non-licensed territories, including but not limited to, changes in the legal, regulatory and/or custom and practice in each and any country.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, CII, CPCU, ARM or equivalent preferred.
2+ years FM Global experience or equivalent property insurance experience required.
2+ years previous Customer Service experience required.
Demonstrates customer focused interaction with internal/external clients.
Demonstrates an above average ability in organization, working to deadlines, problem solving, teamwork and self-motivation.
Second business language (write, read and speak) preferred: Portuguese, Spanish and/or French